Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Perform on Corden

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

No bueno

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ugh

4. This is really great. People have always been too harsh on Linkin Park anyway especially those who abhor pop music. This suits them so well, and sounds like a 2017 version of the stuff they did on Minutes On Midnight. Derivative maybe, but much like their entire discography. They've never been a highly innovative band. And for once, it's cool to hear Chester not struggle with some parts, like he now does on the metal oriented songs. The performances for The Hunting Party were painful to watch. He just can't do it that well anymore.

FTank and Davjs like this.
  5. RoKKeR

The Fly

...still very bad. Ah well.

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Good performance of a bad song

7. sdub

I am convinced that since everybody here loathes this song it will end up being a huge hit. I love me some edgier LP, but this song is catchy and fits them well.

FTank and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  8. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

They reverted so much after the last album was actually tolerable.

ibanez966 likes this.
  9. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Our Last Night already covered this song (amazingly fast) and I like it better than the Linkin Park version

10. Meh, their covers all sound the same, though I listen to them often.

Luroda and FTank like this.
  11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

almost everything to me since M2M sounds like a genre-hopping mess but on its own i think this song is solid. good background music at the least.

NewSurrender likes this.
  12. farva2

Regular

I didn't like the song at first but it's really grown on me. I love that they always try out a new sound on each album, even if it doesn't always work out too well

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I thought that last album was garbage for the most part. They got freaking Tom Morello on a song and didn't utilize him to his fullest potential AT ALL. I liked a few of the songs, but the vocals were cringeworthy. Chester just can't hit those screaming notes anymore. He can still sing at a high octave, just not screaming. I appreciate their effort after the mediocrity of "Living Things", but I'm actually looking forward to this album. "A Thousand Suns" was their last album I truly enjoyed. It was their "Kid A" moment in my opinion.

14. Yeah, I'm surprised they still haven't started playing their older songs in a lower key or let the other members scream some parts, I'm sure the guitarist could fill it in.

15. Damien Davies Mar 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2017)
    Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

As much as I hate the song, you can't deny how good Chester sounds.

My friends doesn't really like Linkin Park but was given tickets to see them live, and says they're one of the best bands he's ever experienced in a live format..

Petit nain des Îles and Davjs like this.
  16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i've seen LP twice, once in 2006 and again a couple years ago. the more recent show just felt like they tried to rush through every hit. the show looked really cool but it was in that moment i started to appreciate the art of setlist building.

17. Davjs

Trusted

Whether you like or hate the song, this was such a good performance. Didn't know they could pull it off live so well!