Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park - One More Light (May 19, 2017) Album • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TEGCRocco, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Might listen to Minutes to Midnight right now. Kind of wonder if that and ATS are really not that good or just had the displeasure of coming our during the peak indie-snobbery era of music.

2. I wasn't aware of how huge of a drug problem Chester had.

3. Davjs

Trusted

FTank likes this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

First of all I can't believe theres video from this show, let alone the full set. But this was my first concert. Linkin Park in Long Beach when I was 13. My mom took me and my sister to see them and it was the coolest experience of my life. Linkin Park was my first "favorite" band and an integral part of my adolescence and musical development. I learned the majority of Meteora on drums when I first started playing. I don't know what else to say really. RIP Chester.

Sebas and inwaves like this.
  5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't sleep cause I'm just laying here listening to Linkin Park. Still in complete shock

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

ATS is their best record hands down.

chewbacca110, goation, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

9. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Haven't really been into Linkin Park since after Living Things, but this is bery sad news. I'm watching the ARTV tribute video and it's pretty rough. Condolensces to his family, friends, fans, and bandmates.

10. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Linkin Park was my gateway band.

js977 likes this.
  11. Fox83

Trusted

I never even owned Hybrid Theory back in the day because EVERYONE owned Hybrid Theory. Someone had it playing in their car, their backyard while playing basketball, or on speakers while we played video games. It was everywhere. I actually bought Meteora because it felt like I could finally get on the ground floor of an LP release and I vividly remember the drive with my friend after we bought it at a local CD/Game Exchange.

Anyway, I only share this because it's yet another example of how much music puts you in a place and time so often. Those first two LP albums were part of my teenage soundtrack like most of you. I never got too deep beyond those albums, but I always checked out their new stuff and at the very least respected that they did whatever they wanted with each release.

I've learned so much about depression and mental health in general while in grad school. It's good to see most people caring for Chester's issues rather than judging his actions as selfish or cowardly. This is just a terrible incident involving what seemed like a great guy with some real demons.

12. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Does anyone see LP continuing on in any way?

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I could see them continue on with or without a addition of another singer, or I could see them start a new band. Either scenario seems just as likely to me.

js977 likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm curious about their upcoming tour. I wonder if they're going to make it some sort of tribute, or just cancel it altogether, but I'd think probably just cancel it. I can't imagine having to deal with figuring something like that out at a time like this.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ryan Key nailed this cover of Shadow of the Day. Song starts at 1:38.

Davjs and Contender like this.
  16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I could see them taking a long break and then returning as a 5-piece with Mike as the sole lead vocalist. Just playing Mike's songs, the Chester songs that Mike can pull off, and new music.

Don't picture them replacing Chester unless they become a new band in the process. Ending Linkin Park with Chester and starting over with or without any new members is definitely a strong possibility, though.

17. I don't think they can continue on. Chester's voice was distinct and powerful, no one can replace it.

Davjs likes this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

Man that video of his last concert is so eerie. In retrospect feels like a farewell.

JamesMichael and js977 like this.
  19. Inna Selez

Regular

Have you seen this?

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Sorry to turn this thread negative for a minute, but I have to draw attention to this. Brian Storm of Rock Feed spent MONTHS bashing Chester Bennington's artistic integrity and writing garbage clickbait articles that took Chester's words way out of context to paint him as some sort of asshole. Now he's trying to suddenly act sorry since Chester died, and deleted all his negative articles... and everyone's eating it up.

Here's his new article:
    Lets Be Honest About Chester Bennington - Rock Feed

And here's just a couple of the garbage articles from only a couple months back that he suddenly wants to pretend never existed:
    LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington: "Stab Yourself In The Face" If You Think We Sold Out - Rock Feed

LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington Calls Haters "Pussies", Will Punch Them In Their "F--king Mouth"

Sorry to make a big deal out of this, but I have zero respect for people like this "journalist", and hope he gets deserved backlash.

AlwaysEvolving21 and skogsraet like this.
  21. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I saw that rock feed article and I was like, wait weren't you the one trashing his whole band like a second ago...I'm sure he feels terrible about it now but that doesn't make up for being a click bait journalist with no regard for artists' feelings.

beachdude42 and FTank like this.
  22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

what did he say that was bad in any of those 'garbage articles'... a quote from your second link

"For the record, I think their new album “One More Light” is pretty good, it’s just not something the average Linkin Park fan would probably want to listen to. Regardless, I can’t blame them for making the type of music they feel they need to make. It’s their business, and it’s the fans business to purchase/stream that music if they enjoy it."

that seems like a rather fair thing to say no. In your first link he just posts what Chester said

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

"Chester Bennington has some strong words for anyone telling the band they sold out. Speaking to Music Week, Chester lashed out at those still bringing up the band’s sound on their “Hybrid Theory” albums."

"Chester Bennington seems to be handling the fan reaction to their new album “One More Light” pretty well! In an interview with Kerrang! Radio, Chester went off on those who have been recently bashing the band for their change in style."

It's just the overdramatic nature of how he painted Chester's comments that gets to me. Removing the full context to cherry-pick one quote, and then adding in jabs about how Chester "seems to be handing the fan reaction pretty well!".

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

But he did say those things... numerous outlets, rock magazines etc, posted those words from Chester. And the worst thing this guy said was "he's taking it pretty well".. that's pretty far from BASHING the guy.

He went out of the way in defending the album in the 2nd link you posted.

25. abear182

Regular