Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park – “Heavy” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Schooner

Trusted

Linkin Park? Or did I just listen to Chainsmokers feat. Halsey ??? What the hell was that song?

It's not a bad song. Just not what I buy LP to hear.

SPC95 likes this.
  2. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Cool new R&B tune. Guess there's another band called LP, that's neat.

3. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I mean, there's worse shit on the radio right now.

Dirty Sanchez, Luroda and Schooner like this.
  4. chcougar1

Trusted

Haha pretty much nailed it. When I read your comment I thought there was no way it could sound like chainsmokers, but it kinda does lol.

SPC95 and Schooner like this.
  5. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I really like how much Linkin Park changes album to album. I'm excited to hear what the rest of the album sounds like. This is not at all what I expected.

Petit nain des Îles, Davjs and FTank like this.
  6. ibanez966

Holy shit what a letdown compared to their last album.

7. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Why do I like this

8. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Understandable, you named yourself AbsolutePunk so naturally you're stuck in the past.

CMilliken, Luroda and Aj LaGambina like this.
  9. Schooner

Trusted

Na he just likes vodka and punk

Dirty Sanchez, emeryk3 and cosmickid like this.
  10. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

I don't mind it.

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I never would have guess in a million years this was Linkin Park if I just heard this song. It doesn't even sound like Chester singing

GEM37 and cosmickid like this.
  12. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Damn, that's really weak and generic. They already went pop rock with MTM and it worked a lot better at the time...

13. Davjs

Trusted

With the last album being focused on bringing back guitars and going heavy, this came as a shock but I guess it shouldn't since they switch their style up a little bit every album. Nice pop song, could def see why it's released as a single. Hope the whole album isn't like that.

FTank likes this.
  14. JM95

Trusted

15. Davjs

Trusted

Schooner, cosmickid and CMilliken like this.
  16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez and CMilliken like this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

I'm super bummed. They have always been some of the few bands for me that keep putting out good stuff from my Highschool years. I'm not sure if I won't buy it or not, I don't think I'll give up on them yet.

I have to remember the knee jerk reaction a lot of people had for "The Catalyst" when it first came out, and it took me a while to get into it as well but now I love that song and album. I'm going to give it a chance.

18. CMilliken

Trusted

Always have enjoyed buying their albums. This might be the first one I skip especially if this song represents the sound of the new album.

The title alone made me think about loud guitars... just classic, good, linkin park.

Davjs likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

The good ol bait and switch. I'd even have been happy with a cover of the Collective Soul song.

SPC95 and CMilliken like this.
  20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I would take what the band says with a grain of salt, a lot of times bands aren't very good at describing unreleased material.

21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I've been a fan of their progression and their sound changes. This is just generic garbage for any band to release. The fact that the Album is only ten tracks makes it even more of a let down.

SPC95 likes this.
  22. I feel like I'm in the minority iking this song, and not finding the change in style shocking at all. Did you listen to ATS or Living Things ? it's basically the same thing as the poppiest songs from these albums, but adjusted to what's really popular at the moment (trap influences for example). It's way better than most of the latest album which sounded like they forced themselves to create a post hardcore influenced rock album, that didn't suit Chester's vocals and wasted the talents of Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn.

FTank likes this.
  23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

True. I mean I will give it a listen on Spotify. I liked the last album and that had no lasting value for me so I find it hard to believe a purchase will be justified for me. But yeah, bands are generally really awful at describing their work haha.

CMilliken likes this.
  24. CMilliken

Trusted

Same here. Definitely one I'll stream first then pick up if I like it.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I really don't expect anything out of this band anymore but I was shocked to hear how generically poppy that song sounded. I used to adore this band in the 2000s but started to lose interest following A Thousand Suns. Living Things had some decent tracks and I never even bothered with Hunting Party. Probably won't bother with this album either.