Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park – “Good Goodbye”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Reminds me of Lost in the Echo, except a lot more boring. Linkin Park gets worse and worse.

NewSurrender and CMilliken like this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I think I've decided this will be the first LP album I don't buy

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  4. ibanez966

"Good Goodbye" to Linkin Park as a "band."

At least Mike gets a verse on this one

5. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

This just keeps getting sad. The Hunting Party was a solid album and they will follow it up with this boring pop record. Just sad.

ibanez966 likes this.
  6. Joseph Pepe

God this seems so forced and bland. Ugh. Whoever in their camp keeps saying yes to everything needs to be fired for someone that says "Let's maybe re-think this guys."

7. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

It's surreal to see an MC from where I'm from (South London) on a Linkin Park record, but why did it have to be so bland? Sigh

emeryk3 and PandaBear! like this.
  8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

At least it's not as bad as Heavy?

9. ibanez966

I think it's worse than Heavy, honestly. At least Heavy was a decent radio track. This is just bad.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I just remember not liking it. Picking between these new songs is like choosing your least favorite child.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Is Stormzy good on this song? cba to listen myself lol

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I only bothered listening for Stormzy. Not sure why he is even on this but at least it made this mildly more interesting. Ddn't think this song was bad, just really dull other than Stormzy's verse.

13. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I am disappointed that no one has posted this yet:

14. ARo24

Regular

I'm embarrassed for them. This is horrible.

15. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Honestly, they would have been better off to be like We Are The In Crowd and release this as a different band name so it doesn't tarnish the LP name

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Chesters vocals on all the songs are so bad. Wish Mike was the sole singer.

17. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

This style change for LP wouldn't be that bad if they were good at making this type of music.

The singles from this album have just been so generic and mediocre, just the same, simple pop stuff that clutters the music and radio scenes nowadays.

Changing your style is fine, but damn, at least try to be creative and good with the songs you make as a result of it.

18. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Mike:
    "I’m a basketball fan. When I was writing this song, I wanted to capture that moment at the game when someone fouls out, and the cheerleaders sing and kick out the ejected player."

Chester:
    "We wanted this song to apply to two things at the same time: someone getting kicked out of a game, and someone getting out of a bad relationship."
    Linkin Park – Good Goodbye Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Could've been an interesting song if executed better. Plus, I'm British but still cringe hard when I hear "mandem" or "ting" (Stormzy's verse).