Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park’s New Album Coming in May • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 17, 2017.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's weird that it's become my favorite, because twelve year old me was SO disappointed when I first heard it, but it really is just a solid (and diverse) album front to back.

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I was the same way when it came out. Believe it or not, when I heard that Heavy was going to be a slow pop song, I immediately thought that it would sound something like In Pieces.

FTank likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"In Pieces" is one of my favorite songs on that album.

4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I love Minutes To Midnight. I think they try enough new stuff on there, but it's still them. When they get too experimental it just doesn't work for me at all. Listening to Hunting Party yesterday, I do still like it quite a bit. Rebellion sounds like System Of A Down handed over a b-side to them to record though lol.

Schooner and FTank like this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I do think they experiments extremely well on ATS, and then mixed a little of that effectively with more straightforward songwriting on Living Things

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. sebastianrcgr

I was 15 back then, but same thoughts

7. Davjs

Trusted

Valentines Day and In Between are filler tracks on an otherwise good album. Living Things is the only other album by them that I would say there is filler on, but the first 5 tracks plus Victimized and Powerless make it a great album for me.

8. Behind the Barricade

I'd have to disagree with you but to each their own. The chorus in Valentine's Day brings it all together but up to that point, it is a boring song. In Between is lacking that big chorus or a big moment. I think it's a great build up to In Pieces but they should've just combined the two songs. I think In Pieces with In Between's intro would've been a monstrous song.

9. Davjs

Trusted

I looovvee In Pieces. I think a combo would have been pretty cool and saved that album from having two weaker songs.

10. Behind the Barricade

The song is great until the solo brings it to another level!

11. Davjs

Trusted

I remember thinking "this guitarist can solo? Where has he been hiding all this time?" the first time I heard it lol.

12. Behind the Barricade

Haha I think that was the first album where we found out that these guys can actually play their instruments well instead of power chords and 4/4 beats.

13. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I remember the first time I ever heard A Thousand Suns, I thought it was one of the worst piece of dog shit records I'd ever heard in my entire fucking life.

But I took it upon myself to revisit it the other day, and I gotta say... it's still pretty bad.

Also, this new song is boring.

14. Behind the Barricade

You can say that ATS is just like Saturday Night Wrist: mostly die-hard fans enjoy it while the rest of the music world writes it off.

Davjs likes this.
  15. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I would agree with you except that A Thousand Suns isn't even in the same ballpark as Saturday Night Wrist - my favorite record of all time.

I dunno, it seems pretty clear I'm in the minority on this thread, which is fine, but ultimately I just don't think LP is a very compelling pop-rock band. I don't think they're good at it. The last song of theirs I remember actually enjoying - where it sounded like the band was having fun - was "Lies Greed Misery." (I literally don't remember anything from The Hunting Party.)

16. Behind the Barricade

Well...to you it isn't in the same ballpark but to most people, it was a dud in an otherwise flawless career. LP, as everyone has seen for years, makes music they want to make. They have said on multiple interviews that they could easily write another Hybrid Theory or something like that and sell a million records but they don't want to. There's no label pressure and they pick the people they want to work with, write with and tour with. Anyone can say what they want about the music the band puts out but they're one of the few bands who is able to do whatever they want and still have fun.

FTank and Davjs like this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

I can see his point because I'm a casual deftones fan and SNW is probably my least favorite and I love LP and think ATS is among their best lol.

Lies, Greed, Misery is so great though, I had hoped for more tracks in that vein. I think All For Nothing from THP had that same fun kind of vibe.

Behind the Barricade likes this.
  18. Cmoney86

Trusted

A thousand suns is by far their worst album. The whole concept album idea did not work. Glad I was at that tour for free. The hunting party is their best work since hybrid theory and metorea. Minutes to midnight was good it grew on my the more I listened to it. Living things was ok had some have tracks on it that made it better. Their new song is kinda good I don't get where all the hate comes from. It's linkin park they reinvent themselfs all the time and still manage to sell out arenas and sell millions of records. Their fan base is amazing for the most part besides all the assholes who only want them to go back to their original sound. Look they are all grown up and have families and shit can't stay an angry teenager forever. If they kept making the same shit over and over I don't thing I would still be listening to them. Band evolve and change sounds don't like it don't listen to it or support them and go listen to bands that sound the same release after release and I've been a lp fan since hybrid theory

19. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Does anybody else remember hearing "New Divide" for the first time and being like, 'Wait, did they basically just write "What I've Done" again?!'

#BringingUpOldShit

Dirty Sanchez and FTank like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

I did, and I think it may have been to match the sound for the Transformers soundtrack again. That being said, I still love the song. Chester's voice is sooo good in it and that robotic/electronic breakdown is so cool.

21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'd take an album of Transformers soundtrack songs from them tbh. Movies are abysmal but I do love those two songs lol

22. Davjs

Trusted

All three Transformers soundtracks have actually been amazing. Every album had a cool LP song, TBS and Staind song. Then Used, Disturbed, Smashing Pumpkins, Mutemath, Avenged, Goo Goo Dolls, All American Rejects, MCR, Skillet and Mastodon!

23. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Guys, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but.... I think I actually like "Heavy" now.

I've kept coming back to it. Kiiara's vocals are the best part of the song, but that "I know I'm not the center of the universe..." It's solid.

Still don't have high expectations for the new album, mind.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.