Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Liner Notes (June 26th, 2020)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I get it, the weeks are blending, and you were just reading a newsletter from me last Friday, but it’s here again. Round and round we go. This week’s newsletter has thoughts on music, entertainment, and other stuff on my mind. This week’s supporter Q&A post can be found here.

If you’d like this newsletter delivered to your inbox each week (it’s free and available to everyone), you can sign up here.

(more…)

You must be a member to read the rest of this article. (Already a member? Log in.)

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. tyramail Jun 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2020)
    tyramail

Trusted Supporter

When we have an article that requires an “atrocity key” for our president, it feels really defeating.

I, also, do not get Mansions.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Oh yeah it’s not good. Not good at all.

tyramail likes this.
  4. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

I love Mansions, but I also understand your difficulty, especially with this album. I love all their albums for different reasons, but I feel like you might enjoy some songs from Dig Up the Dead or Doom Loop more than this, which is much more...chill, for lack of a better word. Songs from those albums have a little more *oomph* that I think you might appreciate.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Dig Up The Dead is a must listen. a few of the songs kinda blur in the middle, but it begins and ends incredibly strongly (especially if you have the bonus track All Those Dreams at the end of your copy). also some of my favorite economical, but very impactful lyrics come from that record; they’re always wrapped up so neatly but pack such an emotional punch at the right moments.

“I have never been free, but I have always been cheap.”

artbynickferran likes this.
  6. FWIW, and maybe someone has mentioned this before but I’ve been away from the site proper for a while, adding these to pocket gives the user the option to listen to articles read to you almost like a podcast. I find the voice to have better inflection than Siri, which is what I used to use to listen to the newsletter. Basically a weekly chorus.fm podcast!
    2036EA9D-1518-4146-931B-B24053EB3842.png
    Also, “prom night” by the midnight is so killer