Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Liner Notes (April 26th, 2019)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lots to write about this week.

In this week’s newsletter, I write about spending the week listening to Blink-182 and revisiting some of the interviews and articles from the early 2000s with the band. I explore how this band defined my entire personality as a teenager and young adult and how, even with all the fun memories, that probably wasn’t super healthy. Then I write about the new Taylor Swift song, and that turns into a rant about feeling left out when I have “medium take” on a topic and how I dislike when motives get ascribed to an artist we can’t possibly know. Then there’s my weekly musical and entertainment diet rundown and a playlist...

This article is available exclusively to supporters of our website. Join now for as little as $3 per month and get access to exclusive content and a variety of perks. Plus, you'll be helping an independent publisher. Learn more here.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Dame forever. Also, I’m going to a dermatologist Wednesday, I feel you on that “why am I breaking out, I’m in my 30s” vibe.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. It's some real bullshit. :crylaugh:

4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

The new Sum single felt weird to me. It was like a mishmash of older Sum songs and the Gob song “We’re All Dying.”

5. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

Really hoping the Spurs pull it out tonight so I can catch a game down in Portland.

tyramail likes this.
  6. Kross

Newbie Supporter

Have you ever considered an option to share your liner notes, and give some kind of a one time passcode for a referral login or some such? I feel like that’d be an interesting way to support growth- weeks like this are incredibly interesting to read through. Just an idea.

7. Interesting. Let me think about this and how it could work. It’s a cool idea and I do hate when stuff I liked writing is only behind a paywall.

David Parke and Kross like this.
  8. MegT585

Trusted

Excited to see you give Worlds Greatest Dad a shout out! Such a great band and such great people.

tyramail and Jason Tate like this.