Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Limp Bizkit - Still Sucks (October 31st, 2021) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Old man Durst back at it again.

sophos34 and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  3. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Love me some LP ever since 1999. Seeing them live in 2 weeks. Looking forward to new material. I feel like Gold Cobra was terribly underrated.

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Honestly it has been so long since Gold Cobra. As others have said that album was pretty underrated. I’ve seen them a few times before and the band always goes off and puts on a really great show.

Would love a new album!

5. I guess I’ll give Gold Cobra another shot but I thought it was really bad when it was released.

6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

The only thing I remember is the guitar solo done a with shotgun

waterloobeam and chewbacca110 like this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the lolla set was legit great. guess I should check out their last ... 20 years of output

Gianni28 likes this.
  8. JamesMichael

Just started going through their discography and so much nostalgia has come flooding back.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

beachdude and riotspray like this.
  10. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Seriously, this band receives so much hate and it sucks cause they were pinnacle of fun music of the late 90s/ early 00s.
    Being around 15 years old when Significant Others came out it was such a banger. Same with Chocolate Starfish. I can put those two albums on to this day and sing EVERY word. Fun stuff. Results May Vary wasnt great, but still had some good songs. The unadvertised EP that came out around 2006 was a step in different direction (much harder), but I enjoyed it for what it was. Then Gold Cobra came back to no reception, but it was a cross between Starfish and the EP and was pretty damn good.

Crisp X, beachdude, Gianni28 and 3 others like this.
  11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the first three albums are all great, it was amazing to revisit them this year and realize that

beachdude, jkauf, Gianni28 and 3 others like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i *love* the chocolate starfish album, always will.

Crisp X, beachdude, jkauf and 4 others like this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  14. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I love Limp Bizkit and will never apologize for it. I wish they would do another Unquestionable Truth type album but I'm here for all of it.

15. JamesMichael

Wild to think Gold Cobra came out 10 years ago.

waterloobeam likes this.
  16. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

Gold Cobra is a great album. It's a shame that they hardly play songs of it. Their setlist would be amazing if they took away those medleys and covers. I got annoyed by it during the last show I saw them play.

Revisiting the other albums and I must say 3$ and significant are still really good. Hot Dog doesn't do it for me anymore, even though it still has some good songs. The ep was such a fresh sound for them!

To be honest, I also like Endless Slaughter and Ready 2 Go.

waterloobeam and NJPunkMusic like this.
  17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Their set list could stand to include the other big singles from Sig Other

18. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Just received this in a group chat.

C8F72BCC-19C8-4416-B14A-99F18FC47BCB.jpeg

19. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Yea the covers in their setlist are pointless. Way to many better songs to skip in favor of covers. I want to hear less singles and deeper cuts. Stuff from Results May Vary too.

kyle and waterloobeam like this.
  20. LightWithoutHeat

I think Show Me What You Got has my favorite Borland riffs. I loved it as Cambodia when they were playing that version of it live. Big Deftones feel to it when Fred is singing.

sophos34, Gianni28 and NJPunkMusic like this.
  21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This Limp Bizkit audience resurgence gives me hope that people want FUN back in rock music. Their live show is tight and over the top in the weirdest way.

22. LightWithoutHeat

For a long time I thought ETID would go this route, but their last few albums have been quite dark. Not that I'm complaining too much.

23. Gianni

Trusted

I'm here for it. Love that I'm not the only one that was inspired to revisit some of these albums after seeing that Lolla set.

I blasted Chocolate Starfish last night and could not believe how well it holds up. I don't even care what anyone says about Fred as a lyricist or singer, he's a great frontman and that's what works for this band.

24. Gianni

Trusted

I agree with your entire comment - but the comment about being in that impressionable age group around 99-00 rings the most true. Unless you were one of those kids that thought Limp Bizkit was "too mainstream", I literally did not know anyone at the time that did not love LB.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also been doing a Limp runthrough since the Lolla stream. Overall I'm not a fan of Chocolate Starfish, but songs like Full Nelson and Boiler are top tier for them IMO.
    Unforgettable Truth is awesome. I still need to give Gold Cobra a listen. And I really liked that Dad Vibes song they played! Has me excited for the album.
    I also watched this recent interview with Wes Borland and at one point he talks about the album. Says the music has basically been done for a while but Fred keeps tossing out his vocals. Sounds optimistic that it's coming soon though

LightWithoutHeat likes this.