Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Yachty - Teenage Emotions (May 26th, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Looking forward to hearing this tomorrow. I don't really know anything else I'm anticipating tomorrow so this is probably going to get a decent amount of play for me while waiting for next week's big double-header release of Bleachers and All Time Low.

smowashere likes this.
  2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Might I suggest listening to this for two weeks and skipping those!

suicidesaints and Joel like this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Suggestion not taken haha

btr, brandon_260 and FTank like this.
  4. Not finished with this yet but just had to say that the Say My Name to Forever Young stretch bout fucking killed me

algae likes this.
  5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Better is one of the best love songs I've heard in forever.

Aregala and algae like this.
  6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

And the Diplo song is magic, as I expected.

Aregala and algae like this.
  7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

wow I LOVE this

brandon_260 and algae like this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Grew on me more the second time. Still some bad songs and some excellent songs

suicidesaints and trevorshmevor like this.
  9. algae

Regular Prestigious

yachty is a star! this album cured my depression

Contender and brandon_260 like this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I thought it started off kinda weak, but I really like the back half of this. I fell like it starts to pick up steam around Better. I need to listen to it again, the rest will probably grow on me with time.

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

My priorities are fucked

suicidesaints and Joel like this.
  12. Joel May 26, 2017
    (Last edited: May 26, 2017)
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Some of the more traditional bangers like X Men, Peek A Boo and Dirty Mouth are fine but they sound like he's trying to be something he's not, he shines when he's embracing the oddities and doing his own thing.

Love the first two tracks and nearly everything from Harley on. On first listen, my only real complaint was that Otha Shit is just an interlude, that needs atleast three more minutes it's soooo good

suicidesaints likes this.
  13. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I feel like Yatchy's gotta be trolling with lines like that. You can't possibly take that back porch line, or the cello one on Peek-a-Boo, as actual misogyny. I feel like he's poking fun at other artists who make boasts like that, just how ridiculous they are, but maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I dunno. I'm not really offended by the line or anything, it just kinda stuck out in an awkward way. I don't think it's making fun of other artists because there are plenty of other similar (more realistic) lines on the record. I think he's just bragging about his machismo like every other rapper.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

idk how serious this is but the album genuinely made me forget abt how bad my depression has been lately while I was listening.

algae and Joel like this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

I mean this in the best way possible but Yachty's music sounds like an export from Bikini Bottom. It's very blissful and lush. I agree that he should double down on stuff like "Run:Running" and the like, that's truly his lane

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

The concept of having an orgy on your grandma's porch is, to me, way more surreal and absurd than offensive

jpmalone4 likes this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I wouldn't put that past him to do that on purpose.

Listened to the beginning of this last night. Like a star is great, but didn't like the next 3. Harley was good again, and then I need to go to bed. I'll give more fleshed out review tonight, but it seems that I saved the best for today.

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Better is the spiritual successor to Akon's Don't Matter.

Joel and suicidesaints like this.
  20. Joel May 26, 2017
    (Last edited: May 26, 2017)
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

This is exactly what I was hearing in my head but I couldn't quite place it

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

not into the first few songs at all but it goes through a really strong stretch after that

22. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Guardian recognizing this as outsider pop and drawing comparisons to Dean Blunt makes them the first review that actually gets it

Excited to see what Tiny Mix Tapes has to say, probably the only other review of this I'll read

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Never actually listened to a full Yachty project before, but I get the sense that he isn't my thing. There's nothing on here that flat out annoys me like Minnesota, but nothing that draws me back either.

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Wow, y'all weren't kidding about the misogyny on this thing. Some good songs for sure though.

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Also the line "you stinky and dirty like farts" in X Men

suicidesaints likes this.