Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Yachty - Teenage Emotions (May 26th, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 20, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Pre-ordered the Pink Vinyl

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The video, the keys, the backing harmony, the fucking sax at the end of this song into the outro vocals.

suicidesaints likes this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

idk sorry!!!! I prob just suck but ugh can't get into it

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the best I've heard I agree

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I like a lot of Yachty's music, but Bring It Back is on another level.

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I don't really like X Men. Feels like this album willl be pretty split between song like that and Peek a Boo vs the weirder sound of Harley and Bring it Back.

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Can't believe it's only a week away now.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

agreed, I don't really like when he tries to rap or trend hop. Let him make his weird pop songs for an entire album

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I dunno. Some of his rap stuff is dope, but I get why people aren't into it. I'd still probably prefer a more cohesive album of just weird pop stuff and then a separate project focusing more on rapping.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

His rap stuff was better on Lil Boat than any of these tracks so far. But the weirdo pop he's released now is his peak so far.

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I agree. I haven't really liked any of the "rap" stuff that's been released for this album cycle. Lil Boat is what I was really referring to.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

HERE WE GO

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

REALLY want to listen to this, but will have to wait another few hours until after work. Training new hires is really fucking up my music/podcast listening game.

Contender and Joel like this.
  15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Got to listen to the first third, loving it so much and can't wait to hear the rest

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It's okay so far. Favorites have already been released and the lyrics are offputting

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I only got to listen to the first track, but "I done fucked 65 whores, at the same time, on my grandma's back porch" is a strange line.

OotyPa likes this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah that's what made me pause. Yachty is such a positive dude I wish he would cut out the misogyny and make fun songs.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. I was put off by the misogyny of the line, but even more so I just thought it was a weird thing to say. It's like "grab her by the pussy" - It's not even something that people say.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I was able to listen to a few more tracks and there are other misogynistic lines for sure, but that one still stands out to me as just being strange. I'm just imagining Yachty and 65 women on his grandma's back porch and granny inside just saying "Oh, that lil boat, making all that noise out there"

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Better is weird and cool and I like this a lot

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Forever Young is fucking great too

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Got lucky and my new hire is shadowing someone else for a bit so I'm listening to as much as I can before he comes back.

Just got to "Better" and it's the best track so far. I'm starting to think the more poppy songs are indeed gonna be the highlights of this project.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Forever Young = the jam

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Man pumped to love 50% of this album, and say "wtf Yachty" for the other half tomorrow!