Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V (September 21, 2018) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sophos34, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I just saw 475-525K.

And I didn’t like logic’s album but that Wu Tang song is tough

2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I can’t believe these numbers, I take back when I said he won’t go to #1

sophos34 likes this.
  3. Maverick

Trusted

Yeah that’s crazy, I didn’t think he’d beat Eminem’s Kamikaze first week sales. But it’s been 5 years in the waiting so..

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I mean logic really only had 1 big song right? Not that surprising to me.

5. Happy that the wait paid off for Wayne. I hope he’s able to start a new chapter of his career off right now that he’s free

Kuri44 likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

Snoop sounds so good on this, peak Snoop is really god-like

Zilla and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  7. dallasc

Trusted

Mess is a fucking amazing track

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose Sep 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 1, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

I cut it down to this, which is about how long I want an album to be these days anyway:

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 20.40.51.png

I'm less enthusiastic after a couple of real listens. I wish there was more straight rapping. I know that sounds like a weird thing to say given the tracks I did cut, but here we are.

Oh, and even though there are lot of good songs on this, this really shouldn't be your first Lil Wayne album because I feel like that would make you fundamentally misunderstand the point. Please, please listen to Tha Carter III.

DeathOrGlory likes this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Carter 2 is still my personal favorite

10. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

When I went to make an abridged version this, I thought I'd have a bunch to take off but I only ended up getting rid of "Don't Cry", "Let It Fly", "Can't Be Broken", and "Famous".

I'm sure I could be a bit more selective but there are very few songs on here that I outright dislike and that's a triumph in its own way.

11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I still don’t think I can bring myself to listen to this entire thing. I used to love Wayne but what I’ve heard from this is just fucking boring and feels uninspired.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I've been listening to this all weekend. Right now the only songs I'd cut for an abridged version would be Don't Cry, Let it Fly, Open Letter, Problems and Demon.

13. Maverick

Trusted

Songs I would cut are Perfect Strangers, What About Me, Don’t Cry, Famous and Demon.

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if you try and listen to this in one sitting youre gonna have a bad time. if you take it in 5-6 song chunks at a time its much better.

15. The Lucky Moose

Mona Lisa is altogether to Tech N9ne for me

16. The Lucky Moose

Yeah I get that, both are really great, it's just most of my favourite Lil Wayne songs are on III. That being said I also hate some songs on 3.

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

For some reason "Oh No" has just always been one of my favorites. Between that and "Fly In/Fly Out", I dunno, I just really like it. I was also probably at the peak of my Wayne fandom right when C2 was coming out, so that has a lot to do with it.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I'm what Ty Dolla Sign eloquently described as an R&B bitch so my favorite Weezy song has to be the Babyface one. That or La La La which is on The Drought Is Over 2 but was supposed to be on Carter 3. After that probably Let The Beat Build, Mr. Carter, Mrs. Officer and, uh, Stuntin' Like My Daddy. Maybe that's an unusual list, haha.

riotspray likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I was into R&B in the early 90s as a child (oddly enough) but as I got older, I got into heavier music in general and gravitated to hip hop with more bass, etc...

As time has gone on, and the culture has shifted a little bit towards more sing-songy hip hop, I've started to appreciate R&B again. But yeah when I was hot on Wayne, I was definitely into his harder stuff.

20. The Lucky Moose

I've always loved both. It's what happens when your gateway into the culture is LL Cool J. Interestingly enough I'm not a huge fan of the sing-songy trend that is currently going on (hence why I said Carter 5 needs more rapping), even though I liked the 00s version (Ja Rule, Nelly etc.) of it. In my mind they used "singing" quite differently from say a Drake, but I'm not sure if others hear that too.

I also in general still like "real rapping" with "real singing" on the hook (the Wayne x Babyface song being a good example, as opposed to many sing-songy songs on Carter V). I'm a simple boy.

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Even as a baby I was listening to my parent's music, and by age 3 I had sought out Michael Jackson and The Beatles. So by the time I was like 8-9, I was getting my friends mom to buy me 2Pac and NWA tapes. Around 12, I discovered Metallica and became a huge metal head and as I got into heavier music I kind of ditched R&B outside of the mainstream popular stuff, but still remained a hip hop head.

22. The Lucky Moose

Somehow it always starts with Michael, haha. I never got into metal, but I turned a metal head friend of mine into a rap/R&B fiend at 13, haha.

riotspray likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Metal is not for everyone, but it has more similarities to hip hop that most would think.

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Also, it started with Michael because Thriller

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the best song on carter 3 is dontgetit