Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Wayne Cuts Set Short, May Be Leaving Blink-182 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 11, 2019.

1. AllenRicketts

Regular

Honestly, I could see and respect him having a crisis that most of his fans are white people that like NuBlink. It's one thing when they buy your albums but you're faced with your own legitimacy when you look out into a sea of white bro faces.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Apparently during Blink’s set Mark said “We’re going to play another song for you. Then we’re going to play a few more because we’re contractually obligated to.”

He doesn’t seem happy with Wayne’s actions.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. tonyt3524

Regular

He's said that at multiple concerts over the last year or so

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

You can tell how many Blink shows I’ve been to over the last year or so

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Have you ever been to a lil Wayne show? The ones my friends have been to had a large portion of white people so I don’t see why that would be a reason?

RaginCajun likes this.
  6. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

How many people like both lil Wayne and Blink? I mean, that can't be a huge population...

And of that population, what % bought tickets to go to a show (vs those that are just going to see one or the other).

I really do think it's a great idea mixing genres on a tour like this - but you have to go in with the expectation that the crowd, when you're performing, is going to know less of your songs and be generally less interested than your typical headlining tour. I'm assuming that's getting old for him.

7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Maybe not as headliners, but definitely as openers.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  8. aniafc

Trusted

not particularly. blink needs a large act to make this tour make sense for the venue sizes IMO, and all time low isn’t that

9. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Time to get My Chemical Romance on the phone

10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I was going just as much for Wayne as I was Blink and my date isn’t until September. Huge bummer

11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Are the venues that big? I saw them open for Blink during their 2016 arena tour. Fun fact: A Day to Remember was the main opener.

12. somethingwitty

Trusted

I really hope Blink doesn't pull out of the tour. It'll probably be really hard to find a replacement that has the summer open and has a production ready to go within a few days notice. Hope they keep doing the shows and maybe do a longer set for a couple weeks while they can find someone to add to the rest of the tour.

13. aniafc

Trusted

that lineup was stacked — and also ADTR is much bigger than all time low is, too. blink was doing amphitheater’s on that tour, and it was selling well because they were riding high off of their first new music in a long time.

the venues on this tour aren’t really much different than that, but they’re not riding high off of new music (their new songs haven’t even got the best reception, so alas they’re still working on new music), and this cash grab nostalgia thing doesn’t work as well w/ matt in the band

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  14. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Frustrating to read through all the reactions on here...i'm all about diversity and inclusion, and would love to see more Rock bands tour with Rap/Pop artists. Where I am, people like either Rap or Country mostly, and a Keith Urban/Vince Staples tour would probably cause a lot of fans to take out a 2nd mortgage to go.

I hope Lil Wayne is ok mentally, I hope he hasn't been subject to any discrimination at shows, and I hope he has Blink's support to come back if he chooses. This is their livelihood, their profession...if one of us decided one day "fuck it, i'm out" at our job, there'd probably be a lot more understanding than what Lil Wayne is getting. Good luck to him, hope all works out.

15. somethingwitty

Trusted

Wait, are there reports of him getting racist/negative comments from fans at the shows? If so, that's really messed up. I'm just praying we don't see Travis add Suicideboys or one of his other problematic collaborators to this tour.

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t seen any

justin. and oakhurst like this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Blint 182 is my favorite rap band

earthlight, RaginCajun and Jason Tate like this.
  20. Cnn how do you not use a feeling it pun you hacks

Kingjohn_654, aniafc, Orla and 3 others like this.
  21. SFguitar

Regular

ADTR is not much bigger than ATL. From a quick search, ATL has more followers on their social media platforms and have done better on the Billboard charts, having sold more albums and peaking higher on the top 200

22. Davjs

Trusted

The confused Blink with McDonald's. Happens all the time.

RaginCajun likes this.
  23. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I heard they are planning a reunion tour with Shaggy opening

24. Bambros

They could always try to replace Wayne with Angels and Airwaves in a pinch

25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.