Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Peep - Come Over When You're Sober, Pt. 1 (August 14th, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I found out he was from Long Beach (where I live) today and it blew my mind. I had no clue.

RIP.

sleepy likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Checking out his other stuff now. Enjoying it better than this for the most part. The Song They Played is a very good song.

Reading online that a fan potentially gave him fake Xanax laced with fentanyl

Contender likes this.
  3. polyfilla

who can never be sure

this is the one that's really getting to me today

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It's been my favorite of his since I heard it but yeah, definitely hits harder today.

5. OhTheWater Nov 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2017)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Owen sample is great. Feel shitty I didn't give the guy a deeper listen while he was around

EDIT:
    Why can't I place this sample? I'm positive I know it and it's something super obvious:

Contender likes this.
  6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Nobody wants to talk to me, but everyone wants to walk with me
    And I always been that kid, maybe I won't be if I live
    Long enough, but I think I'ma die now
    I just keep it to myself and I try not to cry too loud
    I just wanna lay my head on your chest, so I'm as close as it gets to your heart
    We can fall apart, start over again
    Nobody knows me, nobody knows one thing about me
    Everyone doubts me
    But, I'ma make it all come true, and I do it for you
    I know all about the pain that you go through

sophos34 likes this.
  7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I'm glad to see you're giving him a proper shot, even if it's under these circumstances. I hope others follow your lead (here and elsewhere). I genuinely believe he is one of the strongest recent examples of an artist who was completely misunderstood by the masses.

8. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Been listen to a lot of LIL PEEP PART ONE today.

The song Star Shopping and Praying to the Sky has really got me today.

Also with the way my life has gone and my family has treated me and my girl:

"Throw me off the edge ill fall
    Looking back up at em like i never even knew them at all"
    And
    "I know that im nothing like someone the family want me to be
    If i find a way will you walk with me"

Really has hit me.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah I just grouped him in with the Soundcloud wave blowing up all over that I don't necessarily fuck with. I appreciated how diverse his samples were and how most of the songs I heard had solid hooks, but just assumed he was talking about dumb shit throughout his songs. Never realized the depth.

10. zmtr

Trusted

This is a fantastic take. So god damn true.

11. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Thank you I really appreciate it. Really it's only Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Corey Taylor, Julien Baker, Slug of Atmosphere, Marilyn Manson, Lil B, and Lil Peep who've ever touched me in a way where through them I found out a lot about self. It's never been an easy go since my family always frequented in shame and mocking, not even being willing to listen and be told otherwise. It weighs on a soul and makes it doubt you on every level. But the last 2 years really been that finally gaining strength to defy and define and Peep been around for the majority of it and was a huge splash of self understanding in my mind by seeing a mirror in him and his music.
    I totally understand and would always offer the same to anyone else that needed an ear, cus this forum has done very well by me doing the same numerous times. Thank you.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

also if any of you havent heard this... this is one of Peep's first tapes (definitely cus its from his SCHEMAPOSSE time which is pre-GothBoiClique), not as known as Crybaby, Hellboy, and Come Home When Youre Sober.... this might be my favorite tape of his.... So many of my favorites... "Praying To The Sky" "Ghost Boy" "The Way I See Things" "Star Shopping" "High School" "Veins" this is what made me fall in love with him and his music..

13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’d never heard of him until today when spencer chamberlain tweeted about it. Now that I’m checking it out I’m surprised people don’t like it. For someone who struggles to get into most rap it’s a fun crossover. Lyrics hit hard too.

14. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Hadn't heard of him until today.

Dig this sampling of Navy Blue by The Story So Far

15. algae

Regular Prestigious

dang im depressed

Contender likes this.
  16. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Peep made me comfortable in admitting I'm a fluid person, and struggle with addictions, and tending to that aspect of me being respected. It was like taking a deep fill your lungs breath and breathing out over a beautiful view realizing you know who you are, and people can love or hate but at least you know now who you are for sure. Comfortable in being that.
    Dramatic maybe but it feels like my mirror was smashed (in the ways alluded to earlier) and my air supply stifled, listening to his music was my breathe in & back out without feeling any baggage to present/worry about being understood for who I am, I'm me and that's cool.

It hurts knowing he can't make any new music, though I do hope we still hear from his reserve, I KNOW he has gems waiting to be dropped on us.

17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Haven’t logged in or posted in awhile but just wanted to say it was unfair to lump this dude in with SoundCloud rap or get mad because Pitchfork called him the future of emo.

He was great, I loved him and he’s gone way too fucking soon. this is heartbreaking.

Also love to @sophos34

18. I was wondering if we might get a posthumous release with material for Come Over When You're Sober Pt. 2. Seems like a shame that he passed with essentially half of his debut released and I'd be really surprised if he didn't have some tracks at least partially completed for release sometime in the next month and a half.

Contender likes this.
  19. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I remember when his album leaked it was 11 files.... including songs "Leanin'" "Runaway" (AWESOME), "White Girl" (awesome vol. 2), and "Sixteen Lines" (vol. 3)... I wonder if they were intended for Pt. 2 cus when I seen he uploaded em to Spotify, Soundcloud etc the album ended at 7 tracks (Last one being "Problems")

I still have all those songs from the leak.... Gonna reinforce em everywhere I can to make sure I don't lose em just in case.

(Yes I take this stan shit serious lol)

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. tshreve

Metalicca

Most people on this site made fun of me when I said he was one of my favorite artists, (probably just because of how he looks and who he's associated with) but at least it's good to see y'all are giving him a chance now and seeing how much potential for impact his music truly had even though the circumstances are less than ideal.
    Between this and the Jesse Lacey disaster my head has been a mess. With the situations in my life I've been dealing with personally I haven't had much to turn to lately other than my favorite music and now nothing feels safe or comfortable anymore. Obviously the two situations are completely different in every way but listening to Peep so soon after his death has been really strange and painful especially given so much of the lyrical content

sleepy and Contender like this.
  21. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I know how you feel all too well, I'm just across the sound from you. I been on a nonstop Peep kick... for weeks really but ESPECIALLY now.... I've cried quite a bit.... I've had a lot of uncomfortable convos too that made me realize alot (alluded to in my mental health thread post). This whole situation has been rough and jarring.
    Hes been a fav of mine since his SCHEMAPOSSE (found him and GHOSTEMANE same day... good day lol) days and the Long Island bond meant a lot glad to see another long time fan here.

tshreve likes this.
  22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the tip. Sixteen Lines is amazing.

sleepy likes this.
  23. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I have a lot of his extended collection, collab tapes, etc DM me if interested, I know a site that has his (and a lot of artists in the same vein/realm) stuff uploaded rarities and just tape collections in one spot :)

Edit* same goes for anyone interested, Im more than glad to spread Peep out to anyone interested, he deserves it.

24. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

https://forum.chorus.fm/posts/1332917

uh...by "most people on this site"..do you mean..quite literally one person?

25. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Full disclosure, I almost OD'd twice.... last time was 2-3 months ago maybe... 2-3am passed out on the bathroom floor resting on my arms to avoid my face being face down in vomit. Mostly just too much drinking... but there was more too... That moment I said no... my girl is asleep in the other room... I can't do this anymore...
    This Peep shit is jarring cus I feel like... he just medicated and didn't care, throw it to happenstance... and I do the same... I almost died twice doing the same thankfully having the presence of mind that if I roll over I won't throw up on myself... cus hell even if I do and wake up... who wants to be covered in vomit, ew, right?

Fuck... I could've been in his shoes, and the painfully honest thing is I'm not sure I'm totally away from that edge since I'm losing so much at once right now in my life that even if I don't want to I'm breaking under pressure.

Peep was a breather, a "spiritual power nap" of sorts. He's gone now, that's really hard.

tshreve and fame like this.