Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Peep - Come Over When You're Sober, Pt. 1 (August 14th, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Aug 15, 2017.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Hold up, I'm drafting up a piece on it

2. fame Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

fuck

3. Aaron Mook Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    holy shit, rest in peace. way too fucking young.

Contender likes this.
  4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Fuck addiction.

matthaber, sophos34 and Aaron Mook like this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Damn, that's tragic, way too young to go. RIP, dude.

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I'm beyond sad

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Damn. 21 is not an age to die. RIP.

Aaron Mook and Matt Chylak like this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Crazy

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit, RIP

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

He was so young and I believe full of potential. I’m really upset by this.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Not that I was a big fan of his work, it was honestly starting to grow on me and I respected the aesthetic, but this is hitting me hard. Xans are an absolute epidemic at my high school. Two of my students got kicked out for being high during school and I know countless others who fuck around with them on the weekend. Super bright kids with fucked up home lives battling depression and all sorts of other shit who turn to them as an outlet.

suicidesaints likes this.
  12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Crazy. He just played a sold out show here last Friday.

13. I've never heard of this guy but that's horrible to die so young. So sad.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Tragic to die so young. RIP.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Absolutely terrible.

And seriously, fuck people on other media and social media outlets that feel the need to interject their superiority complex into a case of tragedy. Makes me sick

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah some of the comments I'm seeing are absolutely disgusting.

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Feel how you will about his music, I think he was doing something very important. The way he spoke so candidly about addiction and mental health resonated with and provided solace for a lot of people. I've never struggled with addiction, but I very quickly gravitated towards his lyrics about depression. Not that there aren't a lot of people talking about these topics, but I always felt something was special about the way Peep was. The biggest appeal of his songs for me was not the quality (but I do really like the songs, I think he was writing incredibly catchy stuff), but rather the unfiltered and unabashed sincerity of his music.

Seeing huge names pay tribute to him has been heartwarming. Post Malone, Diplo, Ty Dolla Sign, hell even Sam Smith. It's nice to see the impact he's left on people, even if the circumstances are tragic.

This has really taken an unexpected toll on me. I fell back asleep after initially reading about it and when I woke back up and remembered I felt pretty terrible. Sorry for the long, maybe incoherent post, but it's really eating at me and I needed to get something off my chest. RIP Lil Peep.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I feel like people saying he glamorized drugs never even listened to his music. He was clearly depressed as fuck, his music isn't cheery or happy it's down and sad, no glamor from what I can see. Simply rapping about using isn't glamorizing, especially when that's his reality. The problem is so far beyond rap and rappers talking about drugs, I didn't get addicted to pills and then heroin because I heard rappers talking about pain killers, my friends didn't overdose because of rap music, this problem is so much bigger than one culture. Idk just seeing the conversations and being a recovering addict I feel like so many people just really don't get it

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

20. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Lil Peep and Julien Baker been the only stuff I been able to listen to really lately. Lil Peep quickly became my favorite artist after finding him almost 2 years ago. I always was the kind stuck between the Alt/Emo world and the Hip Hop world so when I found him I was like WHOA WHAT IS THIS? (fully aware of stuff like Atmosphere to Eyedea etc but Peep was different, lil Pop Punk mixed with some Emo and chased with some Rap/Trap).
    Finding out he was from Long Island was also another badge of honor for me, my fav artist being a hometown hero (Brand New wrecked that feeling in recent weeks too obviously TOTALLY different reasons), he became my main artist to release to, be it tears or turn up. Him and Julien... but esp him since I just felt so connected to him like I knew him because of his pain in his music he used... that's how I always connected to artists. That's why people like him, Julien, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Slug of Atmosphere etc always connected with me and became staples and favorites.

This one hurt, my girl called and told me and literally wanted to check in cus even she was like "I know this is like if my fav (Ariel Pink) died, I can't imagine how you feel right now, I'm so sorry." considering everything else going on in my life, our life (me & hers), and etc this one is a real punch in the chest.

RIP Peep. :tear::brokenheart:

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah "glorying" is certainly not the right word to use. A lot of artists talking about Xans are speaking pretty candidly about their depression and struggles in the same context.

22. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

fucking tragic, RIP. listened to a bunch of his songs this morning while I was getting ready, he had a great voice and was doing something really honest and I feel like he was just getting started/could have been something great.

23. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

He obviously wasn't glorifying it, he was using drugs and music as a coping mechanism for his depression, but the scene he was in basically let him believe that dealing with it that way was okay. The trap music scene feels especially dangerous these days.

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Is asking for help with depression and addiction one of the major issues? It seems like its still extremely looked down upon as a culture and it sucks

Micah511 likes this.
  25. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I'm just spitballing: I wonder if these artists get fame, and get worried that if they got clean they wouldn't have the same following/success because they aren't writing about drugs all the time anymore.