Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Peep - Come Over When You’re Sober, Pt. 2 (11/9/2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Oct 18, 2018.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

sophos34 likes this.
  2. username

hey you lil piss baby

I don’t understand how anyone that’s spent any time with his music could call it shallow

xapplexpiex likes this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Fingers really gets to me

4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

xapplexpiex and Swae Lee like this.
  5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

Contender likes this.
  7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

Yeah, Hellboy and Crybaby are both on his SoundCloud.

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Life is Beautiful is his masterpiece

xapplexpiex likes this.
  10. btr

Trusted Supporter

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

That, Life is Beautiful, and Fingers are the best

12. username

hey you lil piss baby

aliens exist and Contender like this.
  13. invaderphantom

I enjoy the song but I feel like this type of release is exactly the sort of post-humous music that is basically the record label getting every last cent out of anything that was on Peep's laptop. I doubt he had much to do with this song, if I hear correctly it's literally two lines that are sung by him, one of which is repeated a couple of times. The rest is all Makonnen, FOB and the work of producers.

I don't know the whole story but I'm quite sure that this song is a product of a small demo file on Peep's laptop that other people used to build a song around it. It's a good song but I feel like it shouldn't be released under his name.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Honestly, I think it has more to do with whatever Makonnen is doing with their collaborative music than label interference. They basically recorded an album together before Peep's passing (for which this is allegedly the first single) and now Makonnen is like patching it together. I agree that its a fine song, but there's also something off-putting about Makonnen adding all these additional guests and saying stuff like "yeah Lil Peep would have liked this"

Contender likes this.
  15. username

hey you lil piss baby

Music video

Also, I guess Lil Peep has something on whatever that new Game of Thrones album is. I'm excited to get new music from him, but it also feels weird because the compilation is "music inspired by Game of Thrones" which, I'm sure he did not a make a song with that intention. Idk.

16. btr

Trusted Supporter

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

Fuck that song, everyone who helped put it together, and the narrative that Peep would have liked it.

PauLo, tyramail and matthaber like this.
  18. username

hey you lil piss baby

matthaber likes this.
  19. username

hey you lil piss baby

They just announced a screening of the documentary here. They're charging $35-40 for tickets and hosting it at a music venue and not a proper screening facility lmfao

matthaber likes this.
  20. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

id really wanna go ... but like.... 40$ ? ooof

21. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Lil Peep deserves the TIFF Lightbox

username likes this.
  22. username

hey you lil piss baby

I have another screening that night so I probably wouldn't go (plus it'll probably hit VOD on or around the same time) but that price tag is a huge yikes. Paired with a venue unsuited for film screenings and the fact that it's a day before the anniversary of his passing, can't help but feel like it's a bit exploitative/opportunistic...

23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Contender likes this.
  24. username

hey you lil piss baby

These three songs have been floating around as an EP since sometime last year (“Belgium” under the title “Ask Yourself”).

I’m curious to hear if these versions are different because I recall reading somewhere that the original producer (Fish Narc) was pushed out of working on Peep’s stuff after his death (or something like that.

“When I Lie” also appeared on that Game of Thrones album thing earlier this year as a remix w/ Ty Dolla $ign.

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

EVERYBODY'S EVERYTHING - November 15th

1. Liar
    2. AQUAFINA (ft. Rich The Kid)
    3. RATCHETS (ft. Lil Tracy)
    4. Rockstarz (ft. Gab3)
    5. LA To London (ft. Gab3)
    6. Fangirl (ft. Gab3)
    7. Text Me (ft. Era)
    8. PRINCESS
    9. Moving On
    10. Belgium
    11. When I Lie
    12. I’ve Been Waiting (ft. iLoveMakonnen) (Original Version)
    13. Live Forever
    14. ghost boy
    15. Keep My Coo
    16. white tee (ft. Lil Tracy)
    17. cobain (ft. Lil Tracy)
    18. witchblades (ft. Lil Tracy)
    19. walk away as the door slams (acoustic) (ft. Lil Tracy)