Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Baby & Gunna - Drip Harder (October 5, 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Sep 12, 2018.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

No proper release date yet but presumably before the month ends? First single dropped today and it goes.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Cool

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This leaked and it's not very good, in my opinion.

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

That's unfortunate. I hope I disagree lol

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The production is undeniably fire, but Gunna and Lil Baby are so similar that it's hard to tell them apart. The lyrics are pretty generic and they utilize the same flow pretty much throughout every song. Thug is only on one song and Drake is on the closer.

I thought this album was gonna open new territory for them, but it seems they're treading the same water. Overall it really isn't BAD, but it's not very memorable.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

This is alright, nothing super special but it’s fun. However, Lil Baby’s track Close Friends is amazing. It fits perfectly into that brand of vulnerable trap that I love.

7. username

hey you lil piss baby

Ok, this is growing. Think every track is at least good, many great. The final stretch from Close Friends to Never Recover is amazing. Opener is tight too.

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lol hell no. Run the Jewels, Nostrum Grocers, Rich Gang (rich homie and thugger), Rae Sremmurd, The Underachievers. A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q usually kill it. I’d even put Thug and Future/Drake and Future over them. Maybe Kilo and Vince.

riotspray likes this.
  10. username

hey you lil piss baby

You must not have read it because the point is very clear that it’s post Rich Gang. Many of those date earlier than Tha Tour. Also a few that you listed aren’t duo and just people that have collaborated one tracks, not full projects.

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I admittedly only read the headline, yeah. But are Gunna and Baby actually considered a duo? I feel like the era of the rap duo has passed.

12. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Finally listening to this and it’s really good!

13. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

I love this a lot

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Maybe I should give this another shot.

15. congruence

Got a light?

Wasn't loving it at first but enjoy at least half of it now, particularly Baby's contributions

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

Lmao

Contender likes this.
  17. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

Legit think this might be my hip hop AOTY. At least within the new gen/trap scene. The finally three track stretch is one of the best on any album this year.

Signifire likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Re: duos

Starlito and Don Trip