Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lightyear (Angus MacLane, June 17, 2022) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Oct 27, 2021.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm taking my son to see this on Fathers Day. Im trying to get tickets on the Regal app, but the 2D tickets are showing 3D prices. Anyone getting the same?

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the aliens from the claw machine also didn't meet the gang until after Buzz entered the picture

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i think this is mostly fine. feared it'd basically be solo: a pixar story the way certain critics were talking, but it's thankfully some steps from that. the overarching issue for me is that it's typically more amusing than outright great, and the humor never seems to hit like it should. think there's gonna be some opinions had w/r/t to a particular reveal towards the end (nothing controversial, just something that might better or worsen the overall movie for them, possibly)

my headline: "infinitely decent, beyond any talk of whether pixar still has it"

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

anyway, we got another meme. post your favorites

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i think this wins

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

In the theater now for this.

Shout out to the minions movie for being my new go to trailer to go pee during in place of Morbius.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  9. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Because you already know you're gonna go see it, right?

neo506 and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  10. Greg

……….. yes. After not seeing any of the others 5(?) other movies in the franchise, this trailer sold me on it.

TEGCRocco and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  11. Greg

This was fine. Decent family flick.

but, so, like, when they revealed to the audience that Hawthorne was gay I recalled the hoopla over a same sex kiss initially being cut and then restored. But, there was no kisses at all in this. There was a moment where they embrace and start to lean in, but it cut away. Did Disney go back on including it? Did I somehow get a different version? Or did I blink and somehow miss it?

12. Greg

Oh, just a heads up, there are 3 post credit scenes.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

14. JoshIsMediocre

apparently this tweet is riffing on that theater's no-refund policy regarding The Tree Of Life in 2011, I have never seen it, I still think that tweet is funny

sawhney[rusted]2 and Zilla like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

16. Greg

But seriously, this isn’t a bit. Has anyone seen this and seen the actual kiss? If so, was it during the opening door montage? Like the second time you see both of them? Cause they started to move towards each other and it cut away.

am I going crazy?

17. JoshIsMediocre

Greg I’ll let you know after I see it, check in around 3 PM central time tomorrow, unless I forget

Greg likes this.
  18. Greg

Thanks. I can’t find literally anyone else saying it was cut, so I truly don’t know how I missed it.

19. Dodge725

Trusted

I liked this a lot, but am still working through the Zurg stuff. Definitely see my nephew loving this when he gets a little older.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel like it's impossible to not love Sox and Izzy
    I liked that Buzz is canonically kind of a dick haha, and Chris Evans did a good job
    obviously the second you think at all about this and how it makes sense as canon it falls apart but it's a fun ride

21. JoshIsMediocre

Greg, there’s no kiss! A couple of times in Buzz’s montage we see the elder Hawthorne almost kiss her wife but it never happens

Nyquist likes this.
  22. JoshIsMediocre

This was a fun movie!

23. Greg

I fucking knew it! Why is nobody else saying anything about it? They made such a huge deal about it being restored to the film.

Nyquist and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  24. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I haven't seen this movie yet and I'm not sure if I will, but I'm curious about this development, and sources talking about the scene being in the movie say it's during some kind of montage and the scene is about their anniversary?

I'm just gonna throw this out there: what if the controversy was all about the scene as is that is currently in there? Like the idea that even the hint of a kiss throws bigots into mass panic?

25. Greg

During the montage there is a moment where they embrace and begin to move close to each other, but it cuts away before any lip contact. I would hope they weren’t all making a big deal about it if this is all it always was. I don’t even know what they would have cut initially. The hug? This is so weird.