Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lights to Release New Music and Comic Book Series

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lights as released a teaser for a new music and comic book project called Skin & Earth. The full press release can be found below.

April 18, 2017 (Burbank, CA) – Electro-pop sensation Lights has revealed the details of her next project, Skin & Earth – an album and comic book series written and illustrated in full by Lights. The digital intro issue will be released in May, with the first print issue – Skin & Earth #1 – on sale July 12 via Dynamite Entertainment. The monthly comic book series will kick off just before Comic-Con International, with new music accompanying each issue and leading into the Fall 2017 release of Skin & Earth, Lights’ next full-length studio album on Warner Bros. Records.
    Lights comments: “I feel my whole life has lead up to a project like this. It’s a complete convergence of everything I love – music, comics, post-apocalyptic romance, crystals, wine and powerful ladies, all perfectly entwined. It’ll be by far my most care-free and fierce album yet. I think now, more than ever, people need a reason to listen to a whole record, and this is mine.”

“In recent years, the worlds of comic books and music have come together to produce some of the most exciting and immersive books on stands,” says Dynamite CEO and publisher, Nick Barrucci. “To have the opportunity to work with such a talented and dedicated musician who is both writing and drawing the series herself will be a truly unique treat for both her fans and ours.”

The comic series follows a young woman, En – a reflection of Lights herself – as she struggles to find hope in a hopeless world. Caught between romance and cults, gods and mortals, En is led down a dark path by new friends/lovers into a twisted fantasy world, forcing her to dig within and find the strength to overcome. Set in a post-apocalyptic future where corporations rule, Skin & Earth is an adventurous tale of loneliness and deceit, but ultimately becomes one of self-discovery and independence.

Skin & Earth will be the fourth studio album from the Canadian singer and songwriter, whose 2015 release Little Machines won Lights her second JUNO Award, for Best Pop Album of the Year. Little Machines featured the Platinum-selling, Top 10 radio hit “Up We Go” and earned accolades from TIME, Idolator, Refinery29, Alternative Press, Noisey, NYLON, and more. Lights has sold out headline tours across North America and Europe and has played numerous festivals including Coachella, Reading & Leeds, plus toured with OneRepublic, Tegan & Sara, Paramore, Kaskade, and many others.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Was just wondering the other day when she was going to put out a new album. Excited.

3. She's going all My-Chem with this one!

coleslawed likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited to see what comes of this

5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Sounds great; I'm usually a pretty big fan of anything she puts out.