Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lights Out (David F. Sandberg, July 22) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Based on this short film.

Starring:
    Theresa Palmer, Lotta Losten, Gabriel Bateman, and Alexander DiPersia.

2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Trailer looks okay, still excited

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This could have been great, but it has all the usual horror movie stuff - bad characters, bad script, bad acting (outside of Maria Bello) and a horrible ending.

My audience was all on-board, talking to the screen and cheering, but right when it ended, pretty much everyone was like "Is that it?" Never seen an audience turn so fast on a movie.

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Man, that's quite the bummer to hear.

Don't let me down, Don't Breathe!

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah that's disappointing to hear b

6. saw this lastnight. it was a lot of fun! gave me the willies a few times. there were obviously some problems here and there, but for what it was, i thought it was great.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I've heard good things and bad things. Did it seem like it was over pretty quick? 80 minutes is a fairly short run-time.

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

80-90 is ideal for most horror movies. It ended when it needed to.

This was really run of the mill though. I think I liked The Boy more as far as derivative broad release horror this year. But I did enjoy it.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. michael_gatto

Trusted

I really liked this, I didn't think it had bad characters at all, better than most horror films these days actually. I also really enjoyed the way the ended it. Sort of bittersweet.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

watched this last night. truly disliked it, pretty much for the reasons mentioned here. PLUS way too much of it felt like a hard pg-13 scooby doo mystery which was really jarring for me. i knew the ending was gonna be bad from everything i heard but i didn’t know it’d also be almost diametrically opposed to everything preceding it. this should’ve been much more

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

The boyfriend saves this movie for me. When has a horror movie boyfriend been this great AND lives to see the end?