Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LIFE - Popular Music (May 26th, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by thenewmatthewperry, May 22, 2017.

1. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

[​IMG]

TRACK LISTING

1. In Your Hands

2. Sugar God

3. Go Go Go

4. Rare Boots

5. Membership Man

6. Earthworm

7. Popular Music

8. Electricity

9. Beautifully Skint

10. Ba Ba Ba

11. Euromillions

2. thenewmatthewperry

The album's out on Spotify now.

First spin impression is that this is a killer debut, my favorite punk release in a very long time. They've got a lot of energy and know how to hold a feeling. This was my most anticipated album of the year and I'm not disappointed.

3. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

YES. So so happy to see this thread on here. Are you a fan of Shame, IDLES, Yowl, Protomartyr etc.? If not we need to share stuff.

Wish I'd spent more time with this though because I feel it could make my EOTY lists if I had.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  4. thenewmatthewperry

I’ve spent some time with IDLES and really dug them but haven’t heard of the rest. Where should I start?

I’d recommend B Boys

5. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

That IDLES record is my top three of the year, easily.

As for Protomartyr - they released their album Relatives In Descent this year which I recommend massively.

Yowl and Shame are releasing albums next year but here's some snippets from this year:

Also, I cannot recommend Crows enough. They are my favourite band right now. Stunning live and releasing their debut next year. I wrote about them as part of a Chorus.fm feature earlier this year for some insight:

thenewmatthewperry likes this.