Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Life in the age of spoilers • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Directed at:

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm indifferent. But the notion that they have no effect is absurd. They have no effect on the quality, sure, but they absolutely change the experience.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Films like The Handmaiden are definitely a lot less effective when you know what is going to happen. Most of what made that film a truly great experience was having no fucking clue what was going to happen.

I guess you can say that for most of Park Chan-wook's films though.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

The preference is mostly irrelevant, but the problem is the expectations these people have about everyone else having to walk around discussions of a movie. Weirdly, people read film reviews and complain about spoilers, even though film reviews are meant for people who have already seen the movie. On forums, you can have an issue with someone talking about the ending to Moonlight in a thread about cars, but for some bizarre reason some people have an expectation that people are not going to talk about the plot of the movie in threads about that movie. If your friend on Facebook goes around telling people that Han Solo died, he is doing it to be a jerk, but if you start going into places that you know are for the movie it is your fault.

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I agree with that.

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh yeah, I definitely agree with that.

7. Agreed but I don't think that makes the preference irrelevant, considering that's what this thread is even about in the first place haha