Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Life (Daniel Espinosa, March 24th 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 30, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Life tells the story of the six-member crew of the International Space Station that is on the cutting edge of one of the most important discoveries in human history: the first evidence of extraterrestrial life on Mars. As the crew begins to conduct research, their methods end up having unintended consequences and the life form proves more intelligent than anyone ever expected.

Cast:
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Rebecca Ferguson
    Olga Dihovichnaya
    Ariyon Bakare
    Hiroyuki Sanada
    and Ryan Reynolds

from the writers of Deadpool and Zombieland

2. I'll be seeing it. Good cast and I love space thrillers.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah great cast. Plus we already know that Hiroyuki Sanada excels in space movies.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

5. All the way into this

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

IMG_0598.JPG

7. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

seeing this tonight. cautiously excited.

8. I think this looks cool, hopefully it delivers some scares.

9. Dog with a Blog

This movie was pretty good, not great, but much better than it should have been.

Edit: I thought the first act was really good, second act was decent, and then it really started to lose me in the third act

10. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

yeah i've been hearing mostly mixed reactions. I like the cast though so even if i don't love this, i'm sure it'll be entertaining at least.

11. Dog with a Blog

I don't understand why Jake G was in this tbh. He doesn't really play a character, just a dude, and I guess I'm just used to him being pretty great. He was fine though.

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I had a lot of fun with this one. Wasn't anything unexpected, but it was a good ride.

13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

A few surprises but mostly so-so sci fi.

14. Really enjoyed this. Would say it exceeded expectations or anything, but definitely met them. Very fun to watch.

15. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

This might be one of my least favorite movies in a long time. God did I hate this

16. Dog with a Blog

This movie has nothing to say and is basically trash, but it was like junk food for me. No desire to watch it again but I had fun watching people die.

17. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

I thought it was average. Deff not horrible. Reynolds was great and so was Sanada (Sho) and Bakare (Hugh). Zero gravity made it fairly unique imo. I was really into it start to finish and the only thing that truly took me out of it was the end credits song choice.

18. domotime2

i think my eyeballs fell out of my skull from rolling back so hard when Gyllenhall started talking about goodnight moon and then came up with the brilliant idea.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah Spirit In The Sky made me laugh but overall I enjoyed this

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. domotime2

Holy fuck I forgot about the spirit in the sky end credits song. Lmao what! Talk about wtf tone

21. This was better than I thought to give it credit for. Got mixed reviews so I skipped seeing it in theaters, but it was pretty entertaining. Really liked the way it was filmed in regards to the zero g stuff.

22. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I liked this way better than Alien Covenant, but I have to agree that it's the movie equivalent of junk food. Popcorn flick, third act was the least interesting aside from the final reveal.

bradsonemanband and airik625 like this.