Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Liam Gallagher - As You Were (October 6, 2017 - Warner Bros) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by manoverboard365, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Paul Beaumont

Being an Oasis super fan I have to say I haven't actively listened to High Flying Birds in over a year. I've been jamming the Liam singles a lot though. Greedy Soul sounds amazing too from when I've seen him live.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

3. Paul Beaumont

Caved and ordered the box set earlier this week. Can't wait!

manoverboard365 likes this.
  4. Paul Beaumont

My box set copy came through a day early yesterday which was a nice surprise. A couple dud songs which was the way for Oasis from 2000 onwards anyway but as always the songs that hit hit big this time.

5. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

On first listen it's better than either Beady Eye release for sure. Not sure it will hold up to Noel's albums though.

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Only listened through twice so far. Honestly shocked at how many acoustic songs there are on this.
    I like the album, but as of now I don't think this is better than either of Noel's releases.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh forgot to mention - I Get By could've been on Don't Believe the Truth or Dig Out Your Soul. Really liking that song.

8. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Album rules.

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Agreed.

Wall of Glass, Greedy Soul, I Get By, Universal Gleam and Bold are top tunes.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I know very little about Oasis outside (I know like the big handful of songs and the general history of the band, but nothing more in depth than that), and I definitely don't know much about either of their careers since Oasis, but I really enjoyed this album.

Doesn't Have To Be That Way really stood out, as well as a couple earlier on (I just don't remember which ones at the time). I kind of figured I'd just listen to this once and move on, but I'll definitely give this a little more attention now.

thedrudo and Paul Beaumont like this.
  11. manoverboard365

Trusted

No surprise it debuted at No. 1 in the UK.

I am surprised by it's success in the US. On the pure album sales chart it debuted at No. 7, and on the sales + streaming chart it is No. 23. That's higher than any Noel album, and every post Be Here Now Oasis album (for the pure album sales chart I mean).

thedrudo likes this.
  12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That's actually very surprising.

Where are you seeing #7 though? Billboard says its debuted at 23.

13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Greatest band (in my opinion). You should do a deep dive into their discography. See what you dig.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Billboard counts streaming in their chart. On pure album sales, it was the 7th highest sales of the week.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Overall I quite enjoy this

16. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this is fantastic. wow. love oasis obvi but after beady eye i didn't expect much from liam. going forward, i'm really hopeful for the rest of his career.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

18. primavera

fucking hell

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Glad he's writing again with Greg Kurstin. He wrote the two biggest sounding songs on the album, hope he contributes even more this time around.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

I have an extra ticket for the Central Park show next week that I'll need to sell.
    Shows not sold out, so I'm cool selling it for less than face. Message me if interested!

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

cherrywaves and primavera like this.
  23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Classic Liam.

This album still rules.

24. primavera

absolutely. can’t believe he topped noel head to head.