Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LGBTQIA+ Thread • Page 30

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nick, Mar 7, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Hope everyone is doing okay with Pride being distant this year thinking of y'all

2. Crisp X Jun 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2020)
    Just to give a small update, I was able to see another endoc at the last minute. The appointment happened earlier this week and it went well. He gave me the go-ahead, and I only needed to send him one last blood test result and another paper which I then forwarded to him. I'm waiting for his response, but hopefully I'll be sent a prescription in return. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until the next appointment which is in late September. Either way, I'm relieved to begin HRT very soon. In the meantime, I'm going back to thinking about how I'll come out publicly.

edit: And I'm starting my laser hair removal sessions in a few weeks too!

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i know it’s small potatoes, but super proud of the snowboard industry, or at least this small corner of it. one of the more “cool” publications did a series of interviews for pride week where several well-known riders and photographers came out, and the reception, at least as far as I’ve seen, has been super supportive.
    Features | Torment Snowboarding Magazine

4. I'm kind of freaking out. It's been a while since my latest post but finally, now I'm a few weeks away from the endoc appointment I mentioned above. However, I just found out someone who recommanded the doctor to me is being left in limbo regarding their first prescription, despite being previously told everything was clear. Like me, they're also having trouble reaching out to the endoc between appointments. It's shitty to say the least.

Maybe I'll be lucky and mine will go well aka I'll finally get the prescription to start HRT in person, and not in a "I'll send it over through mail soon" then radio silence too. What the hell is up with doctors putting trans folks through so much just to get a... piece of paper? I'm missing a day of work and wasting money in public transportation because it's *that* far. If it's all for nothing I swear...

summertimejesus likes this.
  5. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Wishing you the best!

Crisp X likes this.
  6. I can't believe I'm saying this but after facing so many roadblocks, I just got my first prescription for feminizing hormones and I'm finally starting HRT today.

At this point, this was pretty much the only thing I was looking forward and working towards this year. I'm so relieved and happy. :blush:

Nick, The Lucky Moose, Mason and 14 others like this.
  7. Crisp X likes this.
  8. NegroNerd

.hbcu educated

*waves*

9. MegT585

Trusted

10. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Heyo. My brother just came out to me and it was such a happy conversation! I was honored he was able to share with me. Seems like he's slowly sharing with my immediate family and has my dad left, which could be a tough one. My dad's a good guy and has grown a ton over the years, but unsure how he'll respond.

I wanted to share somewhere anonymous since I'm so happy but also nervous to be a good supportive brother on his journey.

11. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Came out to my parents as a woman over FaceTime this thanksgiving so that’s nice :)

12. It's been a while since I last posted here. I've now been on HRT for a little more than 6 months, and I'm navigating its highs and lows as best as I can. There's kind of a "dream comes true" feeling in seeing my body progressively and very slowly turn into a more feminine shape, as much as I still struggle with remaining patient considering it's obviously something that takes a long time to settle. On the downside, finding a doc that actually explains the hows and whys and that doesn't brush it off when I'm experiencing side-effects way too strongly has been frustrating lately. However, I'm taking matters into my own hands and seeking second advice through teleconsultation, in the hopes of feeling better asap.

Something that I was aware of, but is hard to come to terms to regardless, is how much my transition and everything it encompasses has taken over my life. At times, it's difficult to focus on something else, find the energy for my hobbies like I used to, and to actually move onto the next stage of my life ie. take the steps to finally go back to school. Related to the latter, I'm currently in the process of changing my legal name and gender. It's stressing me out because being in and out of lockdowns makes obtaining some papers and latters more difficult, but hopefully I'll be able to at least do the former quickly. I guess I'm being hard on myself because I'm seeing my birthday, which is around the corner, as a random milestone, and I know I'll feel bad when I receive HBD messages from people I haven't come out to yet. But hey, I can also think to myself "well, this will be the last time they'll do it through using my deadname/gender let's_celebrate_that.gif".

I'm still struggling with coming out, and mostly because of my workplace. The further I go into my transition, the more I hate my job, the rampant misogyny, racism, conspiracy theorism and other -isms that go on there, being surrounded by almost only men, doing tasks so noisy everyone has to yell and be aggressive to make themselves heard... it all takes its toll on me. I'm so so so ready to get out of here, but I also don't feel safe coming out before my name is legally changed. Just seeing that the only neutral bathrooms that were present recently became gendered sucks as well. It sounds sad, but I'm really afraid of having repercussions once I'm out in that place. Anyway, if everything goes well with school and stuff, I only have a few months left and I'm certainly not going to be stuck there forever, which alleviates my anxieties a little.

Negativity aside, I've been working on feminizing my voice, which is hard AF, but kinda fun as well. I'm trying different options, like using tons of resources found on YouTube and Reddit, getting lessons with speech therapists etc. It sure isn't easy unlearning a way to talk that's been ingrained since you learned to speak. I'm also going to do more deep research about surgeries. I'm only planning on getting FFS for now and, depending on the surgeons, I know that there can be more or less long waitlists, so it's better to start the procedures early while I still have a relatively flexible schedule for appointments and things of the sort. I also did some social media purge, by deleting old photos of me and publications that didn't refer to me as the person I am today, and it was another relief to finally take the time to do this.

Overall, I have a positive outlook on what's ahead and... it feels so good and relieving in a way it has never been until today? I'm weirdly still adjusting to having actual control over my own life and choices, even if it does seem a bit messy the way I'm laying it all out in this post. I'm really looking forward to living full time as a woman from the upcoming school year onwards and, even if I tend to put a lot of pressure on me, I'm confident I'll reach that goal.

Contender, Orla, Anna Acosta and 10 others like this.
  14. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

That's what I fear the most myself. Estrogen is still a big question for me but if I do do that... Yeah.

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I’m right here with you tbh

16. Exclusionary quote, but I feel it all the time: “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.”

17. Pre-transition, I used to go to concerts all by myself, because my brother and friends weren't available or weren't interested in the acts, but I can't imagine doing the same in the future out of the same concerns. I know I'd feel safer if I'm not alone.

18. I wish I was able to only provide positive updates, yet I'm facing institutional transphobia in a significant way currently... which sucks as I'm only at the beginning of the administrative side of my transition. To explain, my town hall is blocking me from changing my name. They're doing it on a basis I haven't given them any medical pieces as a justification for my request, something that actually stopped being mandatory years ago in my country. I even got asked intrusive questions related to surgeries, which is none of their business and discriminatory in itself. So in short, they're not following the law, and they decide to misinterpret it in a way that lets them discriminate against people, and in such a nonchalant way as well.

I've been given a few legal advices on how to deal with this, but I'd lie if I said I wasn't crushed by this mess. The worst part is I'm now stuck thinking this is going to hold me back for one more year while all I want to do is finally get out of my job and go back to school, like actually make moves with my life. Navigating all of it as a trans woman while all my ID and papers are under my deadname and old identity is only going to put me more at risk of being outed or harmed, especially at work once people realize I do definitely look different than I used to pre-HRT... unless I keep living in hiding but it's getting harder to do so and I can't take it anymore.

Contender likes this.
  19. Let's bring this thread back

skogsraet likes this.
  20. I'm almost a year and a half on hrt now. I don't like needles, so I've been doing pills, progress has been slow. Was on spiro for a bit, didn't like the side effects. Will be starting progesterone. Trying to be patient but feel like I should be further along now. (also, tangential to my transition, I haven't lost any weight like I've wanted to.)

Crisp X and skogsraet like this.
  21. I'm still stuck in the same spot in regards to my name change since the latest post, almost one year and a half later. I recently came out at work after managing to hide the HRT induced physical changes (a bit over 2 years now), and... it isn't going well. Quite honestly the further my transition is going, the more bitter and catatonic I've become and the more regrets over my past I have. Mentally I feel like I'm only getting worse. The loneliness it has brought me is unbearable at times.

I'm in a race to save enough money to get FFS in the first half of 2023 before, hopefully and finally, changing careers and starting over in a completely different field... maybe in a completely different area and hopefully while being able to blend without anyone noticing that I'm trans? That's the dream, eh. That surgery is really the only thing that gives me any kind of hope. Everything else just feels so bleak and I'm just going through the motions, taking it one day at a time.

22. Chhow

I'm sure you can cope with it and everything will be great for you. Bad times are bound to end, it's always been like this

23. My name change finally getting approved two years later thanks to the appeal and multiple hearings... I feel free

24. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

That’s huge! Congrats!!

Crisp X likes this.
  25. Happy trans day of visibility I guess? But also please don't look at me I don't want to be perceived

This was nice

morgantayler and Orla like this.