Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LGBTQIA+ Thread • Page 25

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nick, Mar 7, 2016.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Glad that she was at least relatively open/supportive about it. The conversation with my mother was one of the most emotionally difficult things I’ve ever experienced. She def had the “you’re my child and I’ll love you regardless” attitude but also told me that I wouldn’t be a pretty woman. :upside:

Good news is she’s great now and I love her to death and I know she regrets saying that shit. It’ll probably always stick with me tho.

2. Living with relatives while in the process of coming out and transitioning is... tough.

3. nohandstoholdonto

It is it’s own special hell imo

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I texted my friend when drunk last night saying "I'm not gay, I'm gay + Phoebe Bridgers"

I tell no lies when I'm drunk

BirdPerson, K0ta, Shakriel and 3 others like this.
  5. As usual, Mom asked me which necklaces to keep and which to give as gifts, which she often does when it's the holidays, because obviously I'm good at these things. But then afterward, she said that if I ever need anything, like make-up or jewelry, I could always ask her because she has plenty.

Progress!

BirdPerson, ChaseTx, K0ta and 8 others like this.
  6. Felt like posting this there instead of the band's thread

Eh

Oh headlines remind me why Twitter can be shit, glad he clarified it

7. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

He posted a tweet saying they misquoted him.

8. Yeah just saw it. You really can't trust publications...

Shakriel likes this.
  9. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

10. eight30

Regular

Went on a date with a girl on Black Friday then I've seen her like 4 times since and it keeps getting better. She's going with me to see Issues on Sunday, too. It's wild but so nice.

11. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

[​IMG]

eight30 and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  12. nohandstoholdonto

I’ve got a date with a really cute girl tomorrow c:

13. K0ta

I have to help my friend plan a date for her and the girl she is seeing. She is full of gay panic which is cute to watch cause she's kind of a closed off person, but this girl and her met last week when we were out drinking and they vibed so hard immediately that me and my gf were like :eyeglass::eyeglass: well what is this!! And now they've hung out a few times, but she's picking her up tomorrow and is panicking about finding a place for dinner. My friend said this girl eats like a child so that immediately eliminated a few options I would have chosen.

I told her what about an Italian place, we have a lot of those around here that can be casual enough but also nice. If anybody has suggestions I'm all ears. I also don't know if she should have a plan for after dinner cause they both have to be up early but would it be awkward to not have any ideas??

14. K0ta

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Pasta is definitely safe
    I think they'd find a happy meal or McDonald's condescending but I would love that

Shakriel and K0ta like this.
  16. K0ta

Honestly they both love Taco Bell and I would have no problem with that but I think she's trying to impress haha

That can be the 4th date

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4th meal 4th date

18. K0ta

BirdPerson and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. I've never been on a date with a cute girl :(

I've never been a cute girl :(

20. nohandstoholdonto

there’s still time!!!

I still don’t feel like a cute girl most of the time tbh

Petit nain des Îles and K0ta like this.
  21. Gender therapist appointment rescheduled from late January to... next Monday. Nervous and excited. I'm still sorting out how I feel about hormones since Mom is so adamant against it, but at least I'll have professional input on whether I'm actually trans, much sooner than expected.

22. eight30

Regular

This is such a good thread. I'm so happy for everyone in here!

Petit nain des Îles and K0ta like this.
  23. nohandstoholdonto

It is the only good thread remaining on this site.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. 2020 is coming soon and I'm suddenly feeling bad for plateauing when it comes to transitioning. I need to get over the fear of potentially not finding the right doctor / psychiatrist / endocrinologist at first. The system in France is broken, like it's outdated and ironically transphobic compared to our neighbors, but you have to go through this if you want to get insured and not have to pay everything out of pocket (which I probably plan to do anyway).

I found a local trans support group on Facebook, where people are recommending specific professionals to each others so I'm relieved. I'll see what I have to do first then finally make the calls. I'm getting impatient...

BirdPerson and K0ta like this.
  25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

update on this: the managing partner of the firm is going to present what I've written up at the lawyers' meeting today. I think the next support staff meeting will be next week so that's when I'll do my presentation. I asked my friend who's a lawyer to take detailed notes on how people react to it.

Shakriel and K0ta like this.