Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LGBTQIA+ Thread • Page 21

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nick, Mar 7, 2016.

1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Weird technology experience today. I used a text auto-reply service to schedule a tour of an apartment. The reply came back "hi [birthname] you're scheduled"

I've never interacted with this rental place or that service. My name has been legally changed for 2+ years. I've had the same number since 2004 but the right name is on my cell phone account.

Maybe some weird Google thing? Kinda ruined the whole thing for me but we NEED to move so I'm keeping the appt

K0ta likes this.
  2. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

3. K0ta

I don't know who needs to read this but here you go:

Shakriel likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Look at this energy I'm dead

K0ta and Shakriel like this.
  5. K0ta

I just....really needed this.

Orla likes this.
  6. K0ta

Lmao what why did they do this to her??

7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Been four months since having my name legally changed to something I chose & wanted for myself and it rules so hard. Also makes me think about all the cis people who dislike the name they're born with, but don't ever think about taking a different one.

8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Pretty dope feeling

I still gotta get my gender marker changed I'm dumb and lazy and poor

Petit nain des Îles, Orla and K0ta like this.
  9. nohandstoholdonto

Btw if y’all wanna contribute to a good cause, one of my songs has been featured on a comp which is donating all its proceeds to No More Dysphoria, which is a charity that helps fund trans folks’ affirming surgeries and medical expenses.

Contender, K0ta, Orla and 3 others like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Orla and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  11. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I’m finally at a job where I don’t wear a uniform, which is rad, but it’s been so challenging figuring out office attire for myself that doesn’t seem too feminine or too masculine. I wanna feel seen at work, you know?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

as the only non-straight person in the office I've been tasked with educating everyone on why updating our documents to be gender neutral is important and how we should go about it. if anyone has any good resources handy on this I would appreciate it!

13. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Seems shitty to make you do this--unless you like volunteered or something.

just send out an email that says "use gender neutral because I told you to"

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

oh I'm not being made to do it really. I was thinking about doing something like this anyway and had told my friend who I work with about this idea. then when she and the office manager were talking about how all of our Wills and Estates documents have annoying gendered language my friend mentioned that she and I had a conversation about updating the office to more acceptable gender terminology.
    also only my two good friends in the office actually know I'm queer. when my one friend was talking to the office manager about it she just said that I'm very knowledgeable on the subject.

Shakriel likes this.
  15. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Oh ok, well that's a sigh of relief then. I was worried it was something like, "Hey we know you're queer, time to educate us." or something offputting.

16. I'm 28 I'm starting to think I have gender dysphoria I don't know what to do I don't know if it's caused by my depression anxiety and body dysmorphia or vice versa and like just the idea that my questioning my gender is a result of mental illness just doesn't sit well with me but all these feelings are so new and nothing makes sense and yet everything makes sense and I???

17. It's like when I realized I'm ace two years ago except with that I didn't have to change everything

18. K0ta

I'm gay everybody

FINALLY

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

had a meeting with my office manager, I feel pretty comfortable with her so I told her that part of the reason I'm "knowledgeable" on this stuff is that I'm bi. I showed her what I have written up and she said it looks excellent and wants me to present it at the next staff meeting.

20. K0ta

Congrats that's awesome!!

Ken, Dirty Sanchez, mad and 1 other person like this.
  21. nohandstoholdonto

have you been waiting to be gay? what was the hold up?

22. K0ta

Hah no, just was in a relationship with a man for 6 years until last week sooo I'm finally free to be out. I was identifying as queer/bi before.

23. nohandstoholdonto

Ahhh gotcha. Congrats. You now have to say out loud some variation of “I’m gay” a minimum of 10 times a day. Sorry, it’s the law.

24. K0ta

Thank you I'm gay

25. nohandstoholdonto

fuckin’ same yo frfr girls are so good

BirdPerson, Ken, mad and 4 others like this.