Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LGBTQIA+ Thread • Page 14

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nick, Mar 7, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

Ughh I want to just fucking shout from a mountain this week! Absolutely love this. I'm glad this thread exists.

3. armistice

But...then this happens. Just let my dad spew Breitbart at me for an hour to get his pent up feelings off his chest because I said "I think punching nazis is good" and my mom told me to move out. Worst part about likely never being able to come out to them is they don't believe transgender people exist.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

5. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Kristen Stewart: ‘It's not confusing if you’re bisexual. For me, it’s the opposite’

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

From the thread in the politics forum:

Petit nain des Îles and dorfmac like this.
  10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Petit nain des Îles and mad like this.
  11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Decided to check the clearance racks at Target today. I saw a delightfully obnoxious bright orange pair of swim trunks, and immediately thought "crap, that won't go with the top I have to wear" and then I remembered I can go shirtless, now and forever, and I legit almost cried in freaking Target hah

12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

My new fave gif:
    [​IMG]

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I need a legal name change already. It hasn't been a priority at all, but it's really annoying logging into my new company profile page and seeing "Birthname" with no way to edit it. That said, my HR contact is the fucking best and is finding things out for me.

15. armistice

I'm feeling this. Applying to jobs and having to pick M or F and knowing if they employ me I have to use my legal name on the paperwork. Fuckin...Skype interviews on days that I can't shave facial hair because of electrolysis. Even in Chicago, same bullshit structure exists in young companies.

16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

who else relates
    [​IMG]

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

She was amazing in green room

Happy for her, figured something might be up since that skit in broad city

20. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Found out today that the guy I've been talking to has a girlfriend now.

Blehhhhhh

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

:heart: y'all

22. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

love 2 all my lgbtqia+ homiessssssssss

23. I have friends (well, not for long) that always act like that. What angers me the most is that when you call them out on their shit, they say that you're being disrespectful to them. It's completely absurd. Like, what the hell, I'm being an asshole for not condoning nazi disguises and jokes ? It's heartbreaking how far people can go just for the sake of trying to be funny (they're not). They don't care about the well being of minorities, even when the latters include their own friends. There's nothing I can do about them. Education ? They don't care and the main points always go over their head. It's just not worth it anymore, so I have to get rid off them for my happiness. Friends are not supposed to constantly offend and hurt their surroundings.

24. So this is the right place to discuss anything related to trans issues ? I need someone to talk to. Since the early age, I've been suffering from dysphoria. And now that I've asserted myself so much over the past few months, it keeps getting worse. I don't feel right in my body, and I never did. I started identifying myself as non-binary, but to be fair, I don't know what it entirely consists of. There are so many terms I'm not familiar enough of. So I just feel lost and hopeless.

One thing changed tho, it is that I'm showing my feminine side more than ever. I don't really know if my oldest friends notice that. But I've always been closer to women, idk if it is related to my mental health issues, I simply think I relate to them more than to men, and think it is easier to be friends with them... Maybe because I was bullied by men as a teenager, that everyone I can't stand are always men, be it my dad, friends that ditched me over the years, people that harass others... most of them are men.

To me, it often seems to boil down to the way society shapes our views, in a negative way. I never conformed to the "men are supposed to be strong, ambitious, courageous, brave, etc., and never show their emotions, never cry, otherwise they'll be perceived as weak" norms. I've suffered from that for the past 22 years, and am only beggining to recover and heal you know ? I don't know why I'm ranting, I guess I forgot the message I wanted to convey lol. In short, I think, like I truly think, it's not just a thought inside my headd that I hide to everyone, I truly think I will become a trans person one day. I don't know how, I don't know when, well, maybe I'll change my mind. However, as times go by, it has almost transformed into a necessity and a goal.

Contender and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't conform to a heteronormative hypermasculinity, thank god right, and always felt more comfortable with women, but I'm not sure if it's a non binary way, I realize it's possible to be cishet and still be fluid about what gender means because gender roles/norms are silly and potentially dangerous