Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LGBTQIA+ Thread • Page 13

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nick, Mar 7, 2016.

1. RigoSoFar

This thread makes me happy. I'm glad this exists. Stay strong y'all :heart:

BirdPerson likes this.
  2. RigoSoFar

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

4. Malatesta

yeah, particularly transphobic stuff or anything that can be thrown in some kind of "political correctness run amok" blender

5. RigoSoFar

They love to throw the "MY FIRST AMENDMENT ALLOWS ME TO SAY WHATEVER I WANT" at my face as an excuse to why they can post those things. I've tried to tell them that they're being...not nice people, but then they throw the whole "generation of pussies" thing at my face too. The pains of growing up in a small conservative Texas town.

6. RigoSoFar

Sorry for the strong language by the way, it just frustrates me that they're like that.

7. Malatesta

yeah, it can be next to impossible to convince people that their language is harmful to, like, actual people. frustrating.

8. RigoSoFar

Growing up Mexican-American, in a Mexican-American town, machismo was always such a huge thing in the community. That's why I try not to blame my classmates even though it feels like they're incredibly oblivious to the real world. They were raised that way because of their parents. I honestly feel for everyone growing up in such a hostile environment because coming out isn't really an option. I could handle being made fun of, but I wish no one had to go through that, you know what I mean? After I graduated highschool in 2011, there were several suicides by non-straight students in my highschool because of bullying. It's really sad.

9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

@nohandstoholdonto I do believe I just requested your FB friendship, just in case later you're wondering who the weird random dude is.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  10. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

:) I knew it was you.

BirdPerson likes this.
  11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

@nohandstoholdonto and @Gwen

Do you two have passports? The Real ID stuff came up at brunch today and I didn't know that California's extension only goes until June. I don't have one and there's no way I'm getting one until I legally change my name and gender marker...which was not on my list of priorities right now. Ugh.

There's not really a point to this post just tell me everything will be fine, okay? Heh

12. nohandstoholdonto

I'm in the process of changing my name and gender marker currently, but I no longer have a source of income and can't afford to move forward with any of it. I have a fundraiser going, but have had to use most of the donations to pay for various bills and donations have stopped coming in so idk. I'm rambling at this point lol. The short answer is that I do not have a passport and do not know when I'll be getting one. I also don't know if everything will fine but I'm crossing my fingers lol. Wish I could give a better answer than that.

13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

:heart: that works for me

i get these moments of sheer fuckin panic, you know? bleh

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  14. nohandstoholdonto

Oh yeah, I definitely know. :\

BirdPerson likes this.
  15. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

I have my license changed but not Passport. Honestly the license is the biggest hurdle, once you get that done, the passport is super easy to change. I've just been lazy and haven't gotten it done.

16. BirdPerson Dec 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 21, 2016)
    BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Well I found out CA has an extension until 2020 on the IDs, so that's awesome.

Posting this here instead of the mental health thread because it deals directly with trans stuff. I've been seeing my therapist for 5 months now. In the beginning when I was still going by my birth name, she called me the wrong name a couple times. No big deal, still getting to know each other. But today she did it again. She called me Sarah. Which is not, nor ever has been, my name.

I actually said "wow I bet you're embarrassed!" because yeah she was mortified. I told her to move on and get it right next time, as I have been telling everyone as I go. But it's still sticking with me, can't shake it, because I feel like that's a tell for the lens that she really sees me under. That she doesn't really see a guy in front of her. I know I'm in the in-between phase looks-wise, and I know that she's been supportive of me otherwise, but feeling like people take me seriously about this is really tough for me still - I don't feel like I "look the part" yet, don't look like me. But man, the only people I expect to have it right by now are Gina and my therapist.

I'm frustrated with a lot of stuff right now, and now I think I might have to talk to her about this, and I really could have done without another awkward conversation.

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I was hanging out with my mom and some of her friends today and one of them used the phrase "switched teams" to describe a woman who they thought was gay who is dating a man now. I screamed internally.

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

had no reason to think otherwise but it makes me really happy that Colin Mochrie is a good guy

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

lost it at the blt tweet.

21. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

Hope you find it

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Please stop infringing on my brand

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (This guy is Chance the Rappers brother btw)

24. Malatesta

makes me hope chance will move away from homophobic slurs now

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious