Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Letterboxd • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AWasteOfATime, Nov 26, 2018.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i did a large amount of them but then it got to tiring so I stopped. I'm at like 1500-ish/81 this year.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. George

Trusted Prestigious

I'll log movies I've seen pre-Letterboxd if I stumble across them while browsing the site, but I don't go out of my way to look up films that I've seen and "tag" them.

I don't do ratings for anything because it would bother me trying to be consistent with them, or with films that grow on you / get worse after mulling them over, over days or weeks.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I did everything I could remember when I started and then I've added anything else I've come across since.

4. Yup, that’s what I do too.

jkauf likes this.
  5. dlemert

Trusted

1,997 / 69 this year. nice.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

I haven’t really had that issue because I’ve basically had Letterboxd the entire time I’ve been watching movies “seriously.” End of this year and I’ll have a whole decade logged lol.

Also, 4886 / 322 this year lmfao

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

What a freak!

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

I don’t disagree tbh

9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I’ll rate movies retroactively if I’m bored and scrolling through some director or actor’s filmography and see a bunch of stuff that I saw pre getting letterboxd

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus fucking Christ.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

That’s 2.5 movies a day, every single day.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can barely pay attention to one movie a week now lol

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I go through phases where I’ll watch a couple/few a day then go a week between a film.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Admittedly, it's inflated because I watch quite a lot of short films too
    + the hundreds of films watched across 4 years of Cinema Studies undergrad
    + being at home all day every day for some 14 months now.

It's also just what I like to spend my free time doing lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I’m at 806 / 109 for the year. I was averaging a movie a day until the baseball season started.

16. Basically this. When I joined the beta, I went through every list I could find and marked what I had seen up to that point. Apart from my ~1 year hiatus from Letterboxd, I've kept an accurate log of everything for the better part of the decade.

2024 / 108 this year.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'm 2205 / 551 this year, but that also includes short films and stuff too. Still though, this was far and away my most watched year for sure.

Also: https://letterboxd.com/landondefever/

18. 209 this year for me so far. I’ve still got some Christmas movies to dive into.

19. Yeah, 216 for me this year but we have a few weeks left. Trying to reach that one a day sweet spot someday but work gets in the way

20. Likewise (2410 / 399)! I do think I'm slowing down a little for the year. I have two weeks off where I'll watch a bunch, but EOY usually means comfort rewatches with my partner.

The Letterboxd peeps were nice enough to swap out my older username (curbsideaudio) for Jacob which had been sitting unused for years. Having to update my profile link everywhere around the net was an interesting exercise. Updating all of my self-links around Letterboxd itself (lists, reviews, etc) was a real challenge.

21. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

I'm logged at 2,976 / 322. Have had Letterboxd ever since the midnight premiere of Gone Girl in 2014.

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

258 for me this year so far which is definitely down a fair bit from the last few years.

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

1947/206 this year

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

1,465 / 163 this year

25. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Next year will be my first full year of Box-ing, but over just a few months I’m at 47 for the year.