Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Letterboxd • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AWasteOfATime, Nov 26, 2018.

1. I didn't see The Grudge (heard it was pretty bad), but The Invisible Man definitely seems like the better choice. Possessor would've been my personal pick but might not have fit that list's more accessible tone. Then again, they do have The Witch in there.

2. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Dont know why it took me so long to sign up for this but I finally signed up for this last night

3. It’s great! It’s fun chronicling and reviewing what you watch, but I think the best part of Letterboxd is searching through peoples lists. If you like discovering new movies, it’s a goldmine.

coleslawed, secretsociety92 and SpyKi like this.
  4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I ended up with 1000s from going through peoples lists and looking at all the top rated films by year.

5. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for something to watch on a weekly basis so I love this haha.

6. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it gets pretty addicting if you let it, fair warning

8. Yeah I went crazy in desktop mode today lol. Went to review A Cure for Wellness and ended up listing my Top 25 Favorite Films, Top 10 Horror Films of the 1970s (best decade for the genre imo) and Top 10 Horror Films of the 1980s. Pinned a couple of reviews I was proud of to my profile, pinned some lists to my stats, etc. Had a lot of fun organizing things.

ghostedaway, SpyKi and Contender like this.
  9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Until I'm on my laptop, I always forget how nice the desktop mode is.

coleslawed and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. In the few years I’ve had this, I don’t think I’ve ever actually been on the desktop version... haha. I’ll have to change that.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

doing a spin on the criterion challenge with the group text next year if anyone’s interested in following

https://boxd.it/aEaJQ

Jacob Tender likes this.
  13. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Just joined over the weekend and absolutely adore it.

My productivity has gone right out the window after spending all Sunday building up my watchlist and seen list. They then dropped the Best of 2020 list today so naturally pored over that for hours and added another few dozen movies to my watchlist.

You can find me over here and I'll be posting absolutely useless one liner reviews: Tonerish’s profile

Aaron Mook and Contender like this.
  14. Morrissey

Trusted

Those year-end wrap-ups are always interesting.

Letterboxd is an interesting experiment in harvesting the opinions of cinephiles and seeing how different they are from the general public. I was going through all films sorted by popularity, and it is such a radical departure from a survey of average people. The five most-seen movies on Letterboxd are Parasite, Joker, Knives Out, Inception, and Get Out. Obviously there is a huge recency bias there (people log films as they see them and not everyone meticulously catalogs everything they have seen), but even then Parasite was nowhere near the most seen film last year. Pulp Fiction is the highest "old" movie, which makes sense given the way that Tarantino sort of operates as a gateway drug into movie obsession.

PatRFinley and Toner like this.
  15. I Am Mick Jan 21, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2021)
    I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I haven't used Letterboxd in almost 6 years but decided to start it up again since I've got nothing else to do. and my brain is dying, so I want to remember what I've already watched. I am very bad at reviewing things.

https://letterboxd.com/mick

I just followed a bunch of you.

TSLROCKS, Toner and phaynes12 like this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Contender, Aaron Mook, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  17. username

hey you lil piss baby

I don’t think I ever linked mine in here. I watch an obscene amount and I’m deeply invested in seeking out the deep cuts lol

https://boxd.it/1byr

18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

jesus christ 4800 man you're a legend

19. George

Trusted Prestigious

20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This is a nice little update

9F918F25-1644-4C7A-A217-979478A1A51E.png

coleslawed likes this.
  21. 1,738 / 86 this year

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m curious, do you guys rate movies that you’ve seen pre-Letterboxd. I don’t know why but that bugs me so there’s a whole mess of huge films that my Letterboxd says I’ve never seen.

23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Anything I’ve seen pre-Letterboxd is marked as watched. If I watch it again now, I log and rate it.

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

That’s a good idea.

jkauf likes this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

1792/91 this year. Solid