Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Letterboxd • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AWasteOfATime, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think so?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Thanks, I followed people in the list who I wasn't already following. I was mostly referring to people who others recommend, whether they make reviews that are entertaining/funny (to me at least), or who have shown to have solid opinions on films (not that anyone here hasn't!!!)

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Just started one, I figure I should at least be cataloguing what films I watch
    Ian’s profile

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Sean baker is definitely a good follow.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. I really gotta follow more people.

*clicks through this thread*

GIMME ALL THE MOVIE TAKES

6. I pretty much only use mine to make lists and keep track of movies I watch each year, but I'll hopefully be more proactive about adding little reviews for each new one I see in 2019.

JoeDavid’s profile

7. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Ah, didn’t know there was a thread!

Here’s my 2018 stats.

Callum Macleod’s 2018 year in review

I did pretty well with logging last years movies, didn’t do great logging rewatches and older movies. (I watched Last Jedi at least 6 times opposed to the stated 2). Going to try and update it even better this year.

Think I’m going to watch Wildlife and The Old Man and The Gun this weekend.

8. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I may need to upgrade my account. Do they not give you year-end stats for free accounts anymore?

9. Callum Macleod

They don’t, think it’s just a pro feature now. I paid £15 to upgrade, totally worth it. I wish Last.Fm was updated to be as visually pleasing as Letterboxd.

bradsonemanband and thedrudo like this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

11. dlemert

Trusted

secretsociety92 likes this.
  12. Yeah, I only wrote about The Fog and a couple of the Phantasm films when I was running through that series, but I'd like to turn that into a habit, even if it's just little notes. Luckily checking the app after watching has practically become muscle memory at this point

thedrudo likes this.
  13. secretsociety92 Jan 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2019)
    secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Even though I loved so many films that came out in 2018, it was the films not released in that year that I watched for the first time that impressed me most. So here is just a quick top ten I saw for the first time released pre-2018 -

Top Ten First Watches of Older Movies That I Saw During 2018

Then the year overall was incredible, never had such a perfect mix of excellent new releases and first time watches released before the current year.

Jake’s 2018 year in review

14. SpyKi

1. The Holy Mountain
    2. Possession
    3. Lars and the Real Girl
    4. Come and See
    5. Blue Valentine
    6. Vampires Kiss
    7. Persona
    8. Amour
    9. Enemy
    10. The Wind Rises
    11. Schindler's List
    12. Eyes Wide Shut
    13. Hiroshima Mon Amour
    14. Beginners
    15. The Human Condition
    16. Nights of Cabiria
    17. Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans
    18. Singin' in the Rain
    19. Harakiri
    20. It Happened One Night
    21. Sing Street
    22. Nightcrawler
    23. Rope
    24. Brief Encounter
    25. Another Year

These were my favourite first watches of older movies. I watched so much good stuff this year and spent way more time watching films than any other year in my life.

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Graham’s profile

I discovered letterboxd last summer and it’s been really cool, especially considering the loss of the IMDb message boards. Working on ranking the 80 or so 2018 films I saw last year

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Oh hey, I posted my account here already, my bad!

17. Callum Macleod

Haha, for a second I thought I had been following you by some bizarre coincidence!

18. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone participate in the scavenger hunts? Doing my first for July, here it is:

https://boxd.it/3DPlU

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Callum Macleod

Not familiar with them. Do you pick your own list based on the descriptions or is that list, the list your meant to watch through?

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The guy who runs it gives you as
    Many topics as there are days in the month, you pick a movie for each one, share your list, and then watch them throughout the month. The most logical way to do it is one a day but you can do it any way you want.

23. SpyKi

That seems like too much work just to find all the films lol. I'm currently just going chronologically through my watchlist and watching whatever I feel like. I'm currently in the 80's.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Biding my time till Regal Unlimited launches then I'm watching everything

25. I actually just finished watching Alien 3. Second time seeing it, but first time seeing the Assembly Cut. Track that version down if you can. The theatrical cut was notoriously butchered by the studio and Fincher has since disowned it. The Assembly Cut has nearly 40 minutes of restored and alternate footage that helps tie together some loose ends and makes for a significantly better film.

SpyKi likes this.