Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Letlive. Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ryan Milliken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. red8ge

Regular

i really think jean was the strength behind their past two records and losing him hurt the band. the tracks just kind of meander and don't have that energy the other stuff does

Kingjohn_654 and MFA like this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I'm really liking both new songs now that I finally checked them out!! Glad the production is better too. Very excited.

Brandon Allin likes this.
  3. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Gonna give these guys another shot. Didnt like their music when I saw them with TBS but the singer was a wild man and that was cool.

4. what

Regular

Reluctantly dead has definitely grown on me a bit. The chorus has been in my head all week.

Brandon Allin likes this.
  5. JM95

Trusted

It's grown on me a bit as well. It's a good track, I'm just hoping the other songs on the record are a bit better.

6. MattNCheeze

Trusted

7. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I thought this song was gonna be good, then his voice just goes flat in the chorus. For fucks sake this album is setting itself up for failure.

8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

ya, chorus plays it safe. like the bridge though. i dunno i just feel a disconnect with everything they've previewed. feels too polished...

hoping i will like this once i get the whole thing in my ears

9. fishguts182

Regular

Liked the first two songs that have been released from the album, but am not into "another offensive song".

10. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Wow. Probably worst new song I've heard this year, the chorus is so bad

MFA likes this.
  11. kemichels

Song is very bad. What happened to this band?

MFA, TheWater(s) and softanimal like this.
  12. atlas

Trusted

That chorus falls flat, yeah. Feed me that outro through a tube though

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This is easily the best they've put out so far imo but I still don't like it very much, mainly because of the chorus.

14. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

I like it a lot.

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

agreed... ive only listened to the new songs once or twice. imma wait til i get to hear everything together but i really hope there are more chaotic moments like the outro where they just let jason kick the door open

16. what

Regular

The ending is fantastic and the song as a whole is pretty good. It's the first song from this record that I liked on my first listen so far. The others had to grow on me.

17. I like the song except for the chorus. It doesn't fit and it's just bad.

18. Bane

The spiciest meme

By far my fav song released so far, and I'm perfectly fine with the chorus. I like the verses more but chorus doesn't bother me. Better than the chorus to Reluctantly Dead.

19. Kristen

Regular

Does anyone know why Jean left?

20. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

Adore the chorus to Reluctantly Dead.

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I didn't love that. Little bit worried about this album. I liked the last two and I'm sure I'll like this to some degree but I don't think they'll ever top Fake History

22. MFA

They were in the studio for TBB for a month and a half, they've been writing and in the studio for this album for a year... Christ. Losing Jean really did a fucking number on these guys. No song off this so far even comes close to the energy that TBB had, and even then TBB is a far sight worse than Fake History (Don't get me wrong I still love TBB but it's just the lesser record hah)

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  23. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

Not liking the song is one thing, but I'm not really sure how you can say the latest track doesn't even come close to the energy on TBB. If there's one thing this song is, it's energetic.

24. MFA

Yeh it's energetic but it doesn't feel like it has that underlying fire that TBB had. You're right either way, I overstepped a bit by saying that tho hah

25. what

Regular

They'll probably never top fake history, but that's one of my favorite records ever so I never went into any of these songs or tbb with those expectations.