Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Letlive. Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ryan Milliken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. red8ge

Regular

yeah. watching the reactions to the songs is gonna be a doozy

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

tell us more

3. MFA Apr 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2016)
    MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I feel that the reactions to this song are like... "eh cool another letlive. song"

Previous songs/singles are more like "oh SHIT letlive. are BACK"

I can still remember when I heard Banshee for the first time. For all the production woes, the fact that it was a rap-hardcore hybrid was a boundary pusher. It held all the elements that made Fake History great yet did something different enough to pique interest.

This song just feels far too safe. The intro got me so fucking hyped but... it could've been so much more interesting if the instrumental aspect had been more soul based. The chorus is solid but it's boring because it sounds typical. It has a "good" sounding guitar riff but that's not what I want, what I've come to expect from letlive. Make it more interesting instrumentally, use those soul-gospel influences in there, then keep the bridge - the bridge is tight as fuck but it could've been more explosive if the rest of the song wasn't so... tepid, I guess. This song could've been so much more and it makes me sad more than anything.

Also the drumming is so fucking boring

Crisp X and kyle like this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

^^ fuckin preach

banshee came on my run today and i went nuts

MFA likes this.
  5. demo

i said dont @ me

what a weird guitar riff lol. not like, good weird. like, weird that a riff that sounds like that is in a letlive song everything else in the song is pretty good but idk about that chorus.

6. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I fear this may be their last record with Jason cancelling a lot of dates... though I would understand, it would suck not seeing them at least twice a year.

7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Cgarnsay likes this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

New song this Sunday on the Daniel Carter show, per his Twitter

9. what

Regular

10. JM95

Trusted

Again - pretty good but nothing special IMO.

11. what

Regular

It is a tad boring for me, but maybe I will like it more in context to the album. Probably wont return to this single much though.

12. bedwettingcosmo

My first impression is that it's among the worst songs they've done

I hope this album isn't going to be a snooze fest like that song

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Kind of worried about the album after hearing two songs. I think they're both so boring.

14. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

What is the song called?

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This is like the ultimate band I want to love, but can't. I think Jason is a really good writer, and their shows are insane, but nothing else clicks with me. I have Blackest Beautiful and can't get myself to play through anymore after the two times I did. I'm liking this stuff more, but it's still eh.

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I like this one

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Brandon Allin likes this.
  18. Brandon Allin

^ Thank you.

Just listened. I like this one a lot on first listen.

19. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I think I'm with you on this opinion. I think "Muther" is such an incredible example of what this band could be, but they don't really live up to it

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  20. Not feeling that song.

21. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I feel like the chorus could have been huge but everything besides the vocals sounds really drowned out. Still a fan of the song though.

22. Brandon Allin

The chorus is my favorite part.

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Do these new songs at least have listenable production? That was the big problem with The Blackest Beautiful -- great songs though.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. what

Regular

production on these first two tracks is better than on tbb for sure

Brandon Allin likes this.
  25. Brandon Allin

Definitely. It still doesn't sound great, imo, but the production on TBB was piss poor, so it's a marked improvement for sure.

FTank likes this.