Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Letlive. To Release Album This Friday

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Los Angeles soul punk band Letlive. will release their new album If I’m The Devil… this Friday, June 10th, and pre-orders are available right now. Since their inception in 2002, Letlive. have been a band that is not easy to categorize. In fact, they refuse to be constrained by the ideas of a “scene” — whether it is punk, metal, indie, or rap. However, if we’re going to put If I’m the Devil… into a genre, one could posit revolutionary counterculture music. A punk rock Run the Jewels, a more emotional Rage Against the Machine, or Public Enemy meshed with inclusive politics.

The band will embark on a headline tour of the U.S. in June to support the album’s release. All of the band’s tour dates are listed below.

June 14 Los Angeles, CA – The El Rey
    June 15 Mesa, AZ – Nile Theater
    June 17 Odessa, TX – Club Patron
    June 18 Dallas, TX – The Door
    June 19 Tulsa, OK – The Vanguard
    June 21 San Antonio, TX – The Rock Box
    June 22 Houston, TX – Scout Bar
    June 24 Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade – Hell
    June 25 Orlando, FL – The Social
    June 26 Tampa, FL – The Orpheum
    June 28 Jacksonville, FL – 1094 Music Hall
    June 29 Greensboro, NC – Arizona Pete’s
    June 30 Philadelphia, PA – Underground Arts
    July 05 Allston, MA – Brighton Music Hall
    July 06 New York, NY – Irving Plaza
    July 08 Virginia Beach, VA – Shaka’s
    July 09 Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Soundstage
    July 10 Pittsburgh, PA – Altar Bar
    July 12 Cleveland, OH – Agora Theatre and Ballroom
    July 15 Columbus, OH – Park Street Salon
    July 16 Pontiac, MI – The Crofoot
    July 17 Bridgeview, IL – Toyota Park
    July 18 Minneapolis, MN – Skyway Theater
    July 20 St. Louis, MO – Fubar
    July 21 Lawrence, KS – Granada Theater
    July 22 Denver, CO – The Summit Music Hall
    July 23 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
    July 25 Portland, OR – Bossanova Ballroom – Social Club (Upstairs)
    July 27 Seattle, WA – El Corazon
    July 29 Orangevale, CA – The Boardwalk
    July 30 San Francisco, CA – Social Hall SF
    July 31 Santa Ana, CA – The Observatory

Pre-order the album.

A special thanks to Letlive. and Epitaph Records for sponsoring Chorus this week.

2. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Jason Butler is the man, and this band will never stop being over-the-top awesome to their fans, but jeepers did this album bum me out after TBB.

Brodobaggins34 likes this.
  3. defmytones

Regular

Agreed. This is so far the biggest let down of 2016 for me personally. "Another Offensive Song" is the only track that really reminds me of their previous work. I'm all for progression and know these guys are about blending many genres, but nothings been clicking.

4. thatwasamoment

Since '06

Nothing is more emotional than rage against the machine

5. Eric

Regular

That is a cheesy-ass write up haha

6. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Agreed. What makes it worse though, is it just felt like a B-side that didn't make one of their previous albums.

7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Epitaph probably should have updated that press release to include the shows that were added after the initial tour announcement (e.g. Toronto on July 13th).

I'm still really excited for the new album, although have been purposely avoiding listening to the advance songs too much.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It's honestly a pretty good album. If you go in expecting Fake History Pt. 2 or TBB Pt. 2 you'll be disappointed, but I'm enjoying it as its own thing and finding new things to like with each listen.

Cola. likes this.
  9. Mike

Agreed. I thought it was really good. There are some songs that really have an emotional kick. Sure, it's not really heavy but I didn't find TBB very heavy either. Looking forward to analyzing the lyrics when I can find them.