Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

letlive. - If I'm the Devil... (June 10, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Jun 7, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I actually recorded an albums of the year podcast last week that will be up soon (shameless self-promotion I know), and my co-host had the best reaction to this album I've heard, which I'll paraphrase. Essentially he said that if you're going to judge a letlive album by its raw aggression and intensity, frantic compositions, etc. first and foremost, then yes it fails as a "letlive album". However, that does not mean it fails as a MUSIC album. I believe that looking at this through a different lens than expectations of a follow-up to The Blackest Beautiful can lead to a very different reaction to it... I'm CERTAINLY not saying anyone has to like this, but I will absolutely think what it means to the artists and many others is deserving of respect at the least.

2. beachdude

Lol my post below yours is pretty much exactly about that :P I take a while to get my thoughts down sometimes

3. atlas

Trusted

This album is agressively ok. Has some good cuts. Also has "Who You Are Not", which is bar none the worst song they have ever made and some total junk Linkin Park worship radio rock

4. beachdude

Don't get the Linkin Park vibe from any of this haha... maybe the meaning/lyrics still elevates it above radio rock for me. I definitely think there's some major flaws in this album, but I'm really fascinated to see where they go next after this. I think they've really challenged a lot of assumptions about who they were as a band and shown the potential for their message to reach a much wider audience. I know more than one person who says this is the first letlive album they could really get into. I think if they iron out some of the kinks they could really have something special on their hands next time around.

KidLightning likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just popping in to say how great the title track is. Extremely underrated song.

coleslawed and KidLightning like this.
  6. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I only listened to this once and wasn't hooked. If I remember correctly the production was pretty bad again like TBB which I enjoyed a lot more.

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

This album blows

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

What

9. I think this album is pretty good and I also think it's okay to dislike this album, art is subjective and the discussion surrounding it is supposed to enrich the way we process and analyze it in the future, yeah? :teethsmile::ok::thumbup:

coleslawed and KidLightning like this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it's okay, it's my least favorite of theirs but far from horrible. Still most likely to put on The Blackest Beautiful if I'm listening to letlive

Contender likes this.
  11. what

Regular

Lol this album is good and people need to relax

Aaron Mook and KidLightning like this.
  12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think it's a bad album not based on what I wanted them to do but just because I don't think the music is good.

It's cool that people like it though.

13. Deathco_019

Drummer

This album has done nothing to bring me back even after months of not listening to it

kyle likes this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah acting like people don't like it for reasons other than they just don't like it pretentious as fuck

SpyKi likes this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They've gotten worse each album unfortunately

TBB is okay, but that production destroys the good on it

16. JM95

Trusted

I will insist that TBB would've been outstanding had it not been for the production. Like maybe better than Fake History.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's outstanding despite the production

18. atlas

Trusted

pretty much. They took a swing at something different and missed. happens

sophos34 and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. This record is just really bad, has nothing to do with how "letlive" it is.

Joe4th and sophos34 like this.