Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

letlive. - If I'm the Devil... (June 10, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Jun 7, 2016.

1. himynameisdakota

Regular

So I finally got my vinyl copy in the mail and it completely changed my opinion of the album. At first I hated it like everyone else in this thread but once I actually sat down and listened I realized this is a seriously good album. Jason sounds absolutely amazing and the instrumentals are phenomenal.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. jrock920

Regular

it sucks cause i can't get a refund :(

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is a pretty interesting record, I don't relaly have strong feelings either way for it at this point, but I do think the title track is pretty awesome

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Michael

Regular Bitch

I have yet to make it all the way through this.

jrock920 likes this.
  5. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not even kidding after I heard the record I was scrolling through my feed and saw an ad for it...

I loved Fake History and The Blackest Beautiful was super interesting, but this is borderline Buckcherry

6. :chin:

7. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Really enjoying this. Been listening the last day or so. Has a couple weak tracks, but I prefer the less-heavy sound to be honest..

8. Aaron Mook Jun 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2016)
    Loved this. I really hope this album doesn't sink the band. The negative reactions are bumming me out.

9. Did you preorder the vinyl or something?

10. what Jun 17, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016)
    what

Regular

Haven't read any reviews on it yet, has it been mostly negative?

11. I'm actually not sure about proper reviews, I was just going off of reactions in this forum. Poor phrasing on my part.

12. jrock920

Regular

i pre order on itunes

13. what

Regular

A quick glance at Google shows mostly positive stuff from publications, mostly in the 6-8 range (3-4 stars). Most of the negativity I've seen towards it has been on here, which saddens me a bit, but hey, they can't win em all.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. jrock920

Regular

i can talk for myself as saying the heavier the better with letlive but songs like mutter and younger are way better then anything on this album this album is to safe

15. what

Regular

Muthed is my favorite song they've ever written, such a dynamic song with the female vocalist and the jazzy piano as the outro. I'd agree nothing off devil comes particularly close the it, but I'd say some of these songs are on par with younger. The opener, nu romantics, a weak ago, and cab rides specifically.

16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

mutteder is a pretty god song

17. what

Regular

I love how none of us can spell muther correctly, thanks autocorrect

18. jrock920

Regular

oops
    oops

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

So I'm finally listening to this. I'm surprised how much I like it. It's definitely not as good as FH yet, but it's still really really good for what it is. Jason especially sounds superb

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. puppychrist

I trashed this album after my first couple of listens, but I also just got around to listening to my vinyl copy. This has to be one of the best sounding records I own. I wish that made the songs more interesting.

21. bedwettingcosmo

[​IMG]

22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  23. bedwettingcosmo

i thought about this album and got mad

24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Jeez lol. I get not liking it, because it's a very different sound for them... but I very strongly disagree with those who think it's worth "hating". If you take even a cursory glance at the lyrics and interviews surrounding the release it's clear that the album meant a lot to the band and has meant a lot to quite a few people I know. I do not get a "sellout" feel from it at all. They simply moved in a different direction than a lot of their fanbase wanted, so in that sense I understand the backlash as it was to be expected.

I just think there's a difference between albums that justify a reaction of "I'm not a fan of this change of direction", and those that provoke a reaction of "This album makes me angry", which to me usually signals a belief that a work is without merit at all, or rooted in an assumption of bad faith like "selling out". For me, there are certainly albums that may deserve the latter reaction, but I have yet to hear a compelling case that this is one of them.

what, FTank, irthesteve and 1 other person like this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

people are prob angry bc this doesnt sound like the letlive they fell in love with. i like this album a fair bit, im a big letlive fan, but i can def get why someone would be disappointed in this, esp if they fell hard for fake history. even tbb had its share of more aggressive tracks. this feels almost like an entirely different band

beachdude42 likes this.