Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Letlive. Call It a Day

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Letlive. have decided to call it a day. Their full goodbye can be read below.

In the summer of 2002 this thing we call “letlive.” began in a garage in a small suburb of Los Angeles with one goal in mind. Above all else, letlive. was meant to be an idea not an outfit. This idea took its roots in honesty, humility, and finding an ironic strength in vulnerability. This is how it all began and it must end in the same fashion.

We have been granted opportunities and experiences beyond anything we could have ever imagined and we are well aware that none of the aforementioned would be possible without you. Your support, investments, and genuine belief have been nothing short of inspiring which is what allowed us to create these works while enduring the unsettling ebb and flow of career musicianship. With this in mind we would like to take this time to exhibit said transparency and explain that over time a divergence in views and aims has developed within the camp- and, for the moment, the impact that has on letlive. as a group is that there will be no further activity for the foreseeable future. We want to thank every single person that we were privileged enough to make a connection with through this vessel. We will no longer write the soundtrack, but the most important element, the idea, will continue as long as you allow it to. You are and always will be letlive.

2. downpat75

Sad news.

3. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

Bummer.

4. tomfrombrick

sucks

5. That sucks, man. I love these guys.

6. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Well, what a rather unexpected bummer. Did anyone see this coming?

CMilliken likes this.
  7. tobytobes

Regular

I feel like a lot of people jumped hard on them for the "production quality" of their last album, and I don't remember that album having a lot of traction past that point. That'd be the only thing I could remotely guess offhand.

They mentioned difference in views in the release, so maybe they couldn't agree on how they wanted to go moving forward?

8. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

wow

9. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Mother fucker.

10. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

This fucking S U C K S

11. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

This one is rough. I felt like this band had a lot more to say and was truly an important band for this scene in terms of their message and purpose. Say what you want about the production quality of The Blackest Beautiful, that album slays.

12. The Blackest Beautiful is a fantastic record. One of my favorites.

13. Don't really have words right now, but this just kind of caps off the shittiest month I've had in a while.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  14. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Damn, such a bummer.

15. gdubbleek

Very sad day. ll.oved this band

cybele likes this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

Massive shame.

17. buckcheeks

Regular

Never got to see them live and I will always regret that.

18. JM95

Trusted

Me too.

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

i've never listened to them, and read their name as "leftive" more often than not, but that message is really well-written and makes me think i should check them out

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Ugh, was thinking this myself. Such a huge shame. The announcement is kind of short and vague, I don't follow the band too closely but I enjoyed them - does anybody have better insight into what could have gone down?

21. atlas

Trusted

They lost a guitarist year ago due to creative differences, last album wasn't received well and the tour was not very successful. Also you can kinda sense Jason moving in a different direction than the rest of the band.

Petit nain des Îles and K0ta like this.
  22. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Thanks for the reply. That helps to understand a bit better.

23. CMilliken

Trusted

Was wondering the same thing.

24. kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

Damn this is such a heartbreaker... Probably one of my top ten favorite bands, and absolutely my favorite band to see live.
    I'll definitely miss them a ton, this sucks man
    I do hope they will all continue to make fantastic tunes in other musical endeavors, and wish them the best of luck.

letlive forever.
    ll.ove

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  25. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I said this in the official thread, but how am I going to fill the Glassjaw void now?