Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

letlive. – “Good Mourning, America” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2016.

1. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I liked it. The chanting at the beginning gave me chills

2. Morkypep

kinda cool ! don't like the distorted guitar tone though. maybe i'll get used to it

3. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

Holy shit

Edit: this record isn't going to pull any punches. Certain parts of TBB were really hard for me to get through.

4. MikeERayner

Trusted

This is a band I really want to get into but haven't been able to as yet. I dig this track though. Might go back to TBB.

5. I really like the direction this record is going on and I feel like this track will work best in context. Really not worried about this record. The song itself was fine but safe.

6. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

At work so I have to wait to listen to the song. Checked out the pre-order page just to see what the album art is and I have to say that I think it's pretty sick.

7. Dead_Presley

The guitar parts seem less intriguing this time around, more straight forward...did these guys lose their previous guitarist?

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Still haven't liked anything since Fake History.

9. DesolateEarth

Birb

Meh. I'll have to revisit this and see if i like it more on future listens.

10. Tylar

Not into it, I'll chalk it up to it just being the first single and hope the album is more interesting

11. I was not into this song very much at all tbh. Still looking forward to this based on how much I enjoy The Blackest Beautiful

12. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

Upon first listen, it doesn't grab me. The production is definitely better. I agree with most that the chorus doesn't do anything for me, which is disappointing considering the build up to get there is promising. I'll still reserve my final judgement until I hear it within the context of the rest of the album.

13. jco3

Regular

Really liked the breakdown/bridge screaming part. Cool song.

14. alexjlow

Regular

Definitely enjoyed this a lot. My favourite part was the chanting/ female group vocals at the beginning and I was hoping that they would come in again at the end of the song somehow.

15. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Quality-wise this sounds so much better, but the song as a whole I'm not quite into yet. That riff in the chorus gives such me an unwanted Motley Crue vibe. Wish they would release a remastered version of The Blackest Beautiful. Were they ever planning on a physical release of Blackest Beautiful: Renditions? (the remixes with Soupy, Keith Buckley, etc.)

16. The song (especially the chorus) gets better on repeated listens.

17. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I like it. Stoked for the album

18. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I....I....don't know. Listened to it twice and I'm just so on the fence. I want to like it but I just don't. Still have high hope for the album though and if shipping didn't cost as much as the damn record itself I would have pre-ordered. Been a huge fan of the band since Fake History.

19. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Feel like this song is this albums "Younger". Excited to see what happens.

20. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I like this just fine, but it sounds like half of the songs on TBB. Not that I didn't love that record, production and all, but I love this band the most when they bring the energy. Crossing my fingers for that.

21. eversotru Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    eversotru

harmony in a sad song

Song is definitely enjoyable. It also is the first single so I think personally, I'll wait and see what else is in store

22. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Not a fan, that chanting is so weak. Loved TBB and fake history though, so I'll listen to the whole thing before passing final judgement

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is really great.

24. taylors121

Yikes, more cop bashing.