Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lethal Weapon, Rush Hour, Training Day, The Exorcist? TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by drstrong, May 20, 2016.

1. drstrong

I'm Back.

I'm sure people know of these recent TV show remakes, but I mean seriously? I've watched a couple hours of Rush Hour and while it's not COMPLETELY horrendous, it's still pretty bad.

I have a hard time believing any of these series will go on to a second season, well maybe Training Day since it seems to be the best of the trailers, but who knows.

Check em out.

Lethal Weapon

Rush Hour

Training Day

The Exorcist

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rush Hour looked so fucking bad.

3. Morrissey

Trusted

A show being bad has never been a great impediment to being successful. The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory are among the most popular shows in the country.

Ken, Night Channels and fronkensteen like this.
  4. drstrong

I'm Back.

I just really can't understand how all of these stories are being re-told in television format. It's weird.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I don't imagine these shows lasting long, not because they are bad, but because these films (except for maybe The Exorcist) all succeeded because of the chemistry between the actors. I haven't seen Rush Hour, but I can't imagine them replacing Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan with two other guys that can even come close to replicating their interactions. Same with Gibson/Glover. Training Day probably stands the best chance.

edit: welp... ‘Rush Hour’ canceled by CBS after a single season

Also, The Odd Couple is another show in this same line of film to TV remakes. It's doing fairly well, and I think that's because it has two like-able/known leads, Matthew Perry and Tom Lennon, who while they can't cast a shadow to Matthau/Lemmon or Randall/Klugman, play fairly well off each other.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. drstrong

I'm Back.

The couple of episodes of Rush Hour I've seen were decent enough, and you're right, the chemistry just isn't there. The guy playing Chris Tucker's part does attempt a sort of impersonation, but not entirely, the Jackie Chan character is more of a direct carry over from the movie, though not nearly as good.

The main reason Rush Hour was good was due to Chan and him doing his own stunts, and Tucker with his comedy, then the relationship between the two.

EDIT: hahahahhahha, good call on looking up Rush Hour.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Odd Couple also has a very sustainable premise

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. It's a similar premise to 1000 other shows though, so I feel like the talent/recognizability of the leads has to at least contribute to its success a little bit.

Being a fan of Tom Lennon, I watched the first few episodes, and while it wasn't really for me, the chemistry between Perry/Lennon was definitely present.

9. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Can't decide whether the Lethal Weapon one looks like something I'd want to watch or not.

10. drstrong

I'm Back.

Oh I'm going to just for Damon Wayans.

Dean likes this.
  11. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Lethal Weapon looks atrocious but I'm going to try it because I love those movies.

12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Wow these all look very bad

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The main actor for Lethal Weapon was fired for being a piece of shit. lol

Ken likes this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Solidifying the show as being completely unrealistic because cops hardly ever get fired for being pieces of shit.

Dinosaurs Dish and kbeef2 like this.
  15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I didnt even know there was a rush hour or training day tv show lol

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

so, is The Exorcist any good?

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Shrek likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sean William Scott is taking over the role on Lethal Weapon. Might be worth checking out.

19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I might actually watch this

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've really come around to him, as of late. His role on Sunny may go down as the best guest appearance from anyone and Goon was fucking awesome. It's a shame he hasn't appeared in more.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I was just watching Final Destination last night and thinking about how likeable he is in that movie. Always kinda rooted for him!

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

His death is one of my favorites. I love going back to it.

23. StevenW92

Regular

The Taken tv show has a couple of seasons.