Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Less Than Jake Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

I love Losers, Kings... Time & a Half and Econolodged are such fun songs - I wish they would play those, again.

2. suburban myth

The production is one of the things that turned me off to the record, initially, but as I've said a few times I have really grown to LOVE this album. It definitely has a few duds - and that album version of Rest Of My Life is so bad (in my opinion), but some of the tracks on this record are among their most solid tunes ever released, I'd say.

3. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

White = RBF/LTJ Coheadline tour first half, Black = RBF/LTJ Coheadline tour end of first half, Red & Green = Black Friday/Christmas Sale, Orangish/Red = VIP for second leg of RBF/LTJ Coheadline tour, Red/White mix = Japan Tour, Green/Blue/Yellow Mix = Losing Streak Dates, Cream/Blue/Red Mix = Hello Rockview Dates. Those last two weren't available in St. Pete though, they didn't arrive in time for the start of tour.

suburban myth likes this.
  4. suburban myth

I didn't give perzcore more than an initial listen for years - but honestly, it's worth checking out because it's so raw and high energy - very enjoyable record if I'm in the mood for it... plus Mike Sinkovich is one of the best LTJ songs!

5. suburban myth

Ah! that explains it a bit more! I missed all of those tours, haha. I wish they would come back to Charleston.. they haven't played there since 2014. I almost went to the Charlotte LTJ / RBF show last year, but couldn't make it... and I missed that awesome drumhead at that tour, too... eff.

6. suburban myth

I was one of the people that trashed it, at first :/

I have since seen the error of my ways.

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I was in a tough spot because my parent's desktop had shitty speakers with a sub that stopped working, so when I heard the streams on their website, they were ok and when I played my CD it was going to sound like shit on our nice sound system. This was truly a record for me that slipped through the cracks for a few years.

8. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

I'd be curious to hear about some of your first LTJ shows. I first saw them at the Metro in Chicago while they were on tour with Suicide Machines and One Man Army around 1999/2000. It was the first punk/ska/underground show I'd ever been to. The whole show was great. Suicide Machines were playing mostly from Destruction By Definition and Battle Hymns. This was before Borders & Boundaries was released so nearly all of LTJ's setlist was prior to that. It would be nice to find a setlist somewhere so I could see what, if any, songs they played from B&B.

9. suburban myth

Yeah the setlist.fm is pretty bare from those days, unfortunately. My first LTJ show was the Orlando, FL 2001 Warped Tour date - they had the biggest crowd I've ever seen at a warped tour (next to Green Day in 2000). The only songs I remember them playing for sure were GNV Rock City & Al's War... the rest of that day is a blur! I didn't see them again until 2003 & saw them three times that year.

9th At Pine likes this.
  10. Evolution Kid

First show for me was right after Anthem came out. It was at the Masquerade (RIP) in Atlanta. Yellowcard, Rufio and Fall Out Boy were opening on that tour, though I think Rufio wasn't on that date. Fall Out Boy hadn't blown up yet at that point. I got to the venue early for an LTJ meet and greet thing Warner had set up ended up helping Fall Out Boy load in their drums on the way in. I got the Anthem 7x7" vinyl set at that show for $30 or $35.

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I think the production on GNV FLA sounds weird

12. suburban myth

Vinnie specifically called out the production on that record as being one of the reasons it's his least favorite full length!

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah, I remember reading that on Noisey, haha

14. Michael Schmidt Apr 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2016)
    Michael Schmidt

My first live LTJ experience was 2003 Warped Tour during the Anthem cycle. Since then, I have probably seen them 8-10 times. My favorite set they did was when they toured with RBF, Against All Authority, and Streetlight Manifesto. LTJ did the Price Is Right themed set. Every band was good and they did something pretty neat with their set.

I will say that my sister saw LTJ back in '97 on what has to be one the more unique back to backs I have heard. The tour was Blink 182 and LTJ. They played in downtown Cleveland and then the next night played at Oberlin College, which is in the suburbs of Cleveland. I was too young to know either band that well then, but looking back I am super jealous.

15. Evolution Kid Apr 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2016)
    Evolution Kid

I remember that Price Is Right tour, that was a lot of fun haha.
    And I wish I was going to shows for that Blink tour haha. I didn't start going to shows until Box Car Racer was touring. 2002 I think? That was my first show with a bunch of friends. Previous to that was Collective Soul with my Dad in like...1999 or 2000?

16. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

Ah man, I'm jealous you guys got to see the Price is Right tour. I was in college in Iowa at the time and that didn't come my way. I had a bunch of friends go though and it sounded like a great time.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  17. Michael Schmidt

I think I am in a similar boat of when I starting going to shows. My first real concert was the last American tour for Pantera in 2000 or 2001. They played with Slayer, Morbid Angel, Static-X, and Skrape haha. My dad got tickets for my brother and I. My dad wasn't really a metal fan, but he did it any way. Pretty intense first show, but I was a metal kid before I got super into punk rock, ska, and hardcore.

18. Michael Schmidt

Less Than Jake has been very good to Cleveland in terms of its touring. That's why I gave them a pass when they didn't do the Losing Streak/Hello Rockview shows here. With competing Ohio cities, Columbus being better for most routing purposes, LTJ seems to always come through Cleveland. I don't know if they actually like playing the city or if it's dumb luck, but I'm not complaining!

19. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

I was at both of these tours. The LTJ, RBF, and Streetlight one...AND the Blink/LTJ one.

The crazy thing to think about during the Blink/LTJ tour is that Blink OPENED for LTJ.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  20. suburban myth

I like to imagine a world where LTJ got as popular as Blink - and I think they're the kind of band / guys that would have stayed true to their sound / fanbase after blowing up.

21. Michael Schmidt

That is so cool you got to attend that tour! I am also glad you are able to help confirm my claim haha. Makes me look like I am not just creating false claims because there are tons of Blink fans.

MattNotMatthew likes this.
  22. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

Yea, I mean it was basically the first concert I ever attended.

I managed to snag the colored vinyl releases of Losing Streak and Hello Rockview. Pretty excited to get those soon.

23. Michael Schmidt

Bummed I missed on the vinyl for Losing Streak and Rockview. Being at work when those things go live can be a challenge.

24. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Count me as one that loves In With The Out Crowd.

25. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

It's not my favorite, but it's got some cool tracks. Losing Streak forever has my heart.

Evolution Kid and bd007h like this.