Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Less Than Jake Band • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  2. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Stoked for this record!

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  3. tomtom94

Trusted

Huh, I missed this entirely

Stream ska-punk supergroup The Inevitables' (Less Than Jake, Big D, Interrupters) debut LP

4. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

tomtom94 likes this.
  5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

7. Daniel182

Grabbed a VIP ticket. Seemed worth the extra $8 for more songs, acoustic songs, and interviews.

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Vinnie Fiorello of Less Than Jake, Obi Fernandez of Westbound Train, Alex of Big D and Zack of PEARS

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Found your post bc I just listened to the Kill Lincoln record and searched the forums for a thread and this is what came up.

I don't listen to much punk/ska whatever anymore but in the late 90s/early 2000s I loved LTJ, RBF, Catch 22 etc... and this Kill Lincoln record took me RIGHT back to those days. Such a catchy album. Been humming the songs nonstop since yesterday when I heard the album for the first time.

Michael Schmidt and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Looks like Less Than Jake is considering a cruise/resort-type vacation deal similar to what Flogging Molly, Taking Back Sunday, and Weezer have done. Looks like they want it to be a "ska festival" sort of thing.

They put out a survey today asking people what they'd want out of that sort of thing. Figured I'd share here, thinking others might be as interested as I am!

There aren't many bands I'd consider hopping on a cruise ship for. But Less Than Jake and the kind of bands they might bring along with them are definitely on that short list!

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Good on them for doing some market research before setting something like this up and it potentially flopping. Would be fun to attend something like that though.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Coheed sent out a similar survey before they set-up their cruise, so I think it's common practice.

Personally, I'm stoked on this, and I think Less Than Jake has the fanbase to pull it off at this point in their career. Assuming they can put together a line-up worthy of attendance. Sticking to just "ska" could either be a brilliant idea for them, or a terrible one. I'm not sure which. Haha.

The survey asks for five acts you'd want to see. I suggested: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, the Bouncing Souls, Big D and the Kids Table, We Are the Union, and Skatune Network.

And honestly if they did a mix of artists along those lines (and made sure the non-ska acts were fun/brought the party), I could see this going over really well should it happen!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I am 100% there if this happens

I suggested Big D, Suicide Machines, Red City Radio, The Flatliners and I can't remember for the life of me who the 5th was lol

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Suicide Machines were on my list initially, but then I thought about the odds of anybody actually being able to convince Jay that having that band perform on a cruise or resort would be a good/fun idea and I shifted my vote to acts that felt a bit more likely. Haha.

I'm kinda bummed I forgot the Flatliners, though! Didn't even cross my mind.

But yeah. I'm 100% there too if this goes down!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. Daniel182

Anyone know if the VIP Aftershow will be available to watch on demand? I bought the VIP ticket, but I couldn't watch it live. Not seeing it up yet.

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

FWIW, it was available during the first livestream they did. So I'm assuming it's gonna be the same with the new one. It may just be that it's not going up until a bit later.

Daniel182 likes this.
  17. Daniel182

“The aftershow was only available as a livestream. It is not available for replay. Thank you for checking.”

ouch

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well, that's annoying AF. And completely different than the way pretty much every other livestream has been that I'm aware of...

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's dumb as hell lol

20. Daniel182 May 28, 2021
    (Last edited: May 28, 2021)
    Daniel182

Looks like it may be going back up at 7 PM Eastern. Phew.

Edit: back up now for on demand

21. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Split with Kill Lincoln is up on streaming. Sounds like pretty classic Less Than Jake.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Really dig this song

23. SteadyGlen

XXXX

Grabbed the euro 7" when incredibly awake and yet somehow knackered at 7am the other day. Just checked out the song. Not bad, good to have in the collection.
    NB: I grew up on this band and still fucking love them 18 years later.

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

25. 30% off sale at their store right now, off everything, including vinyl. Grabbed Anthem.