Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Less Than Jake Band • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Sleep It Off also a top tier banger.

2. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

For awhile I used to rank B is For B Sides ahead of Anthem, not quite so sure I’d do that now, but it is still up there for me.

I wouldn’t want any of the songs on B is For B Sides to replace what is on Anthem, so I really consider it a separate album vs songs left off Anthem (which I think is kind of how the band recorded it).

Nick Jagger likes this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Portrait of a Cig Smoker is def top 5 LTJ for me

So stoked to have both of these on vinyl

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

“Just Like Andy” dropped to $1 on bandcamp.

5. 333 GANG

ACAB

B is for B-Sides doesn’t get nearly enough love. Some seriously great songs on that record.

marceting likes this.
  6. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Basically Anthem was recorded at Morning View studios, and the band was staying in the mansion where the studio is housed. Anthem was with the producer during the day, and then once the producer was done for the day, they'd stay and record with the engineer overnight with Roger learning some of the production and recorded the B is for B-Sides tracks since they were staying in a studio/mansion for the Anthem sessions.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  7. Evolution Kid

And then the new song is supposed to go live June 5th, with another prize pack possible for any one that buys that one full price.

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Just Like Andy is top tier really excited for new tunes after that

9. Michael Schmidt

If you put Cigarette Smoker and Sleep It Off on Anthem it’s probably in the running as their best record. Both of those songs are some of their best individual songs they’ve made.

irthesteve and 333 GANG like this.
  10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

A.S.A.O.K. is another one that stands out for me. Relatively short song, killer horn parts and the guitars sound equally amazing.

11. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Haven’t listened to or thought about ASAOK in years but the entire song played in my head as soon as I saw that title. I love having that relationship to songs you grew up with, they are always just sitting there, fully formed in your head waiting to be remembered.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I love this song so much. One of their best in the last several years for sure

New song tomorrow as well

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

JaytotheGee likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

this is very fun

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

New song is solid as well!

16. Evolution Kid

Been playing the two songs on repeat the last couple days. I'm liking vol. 1 more of the two, but both are tight.

17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Running Around In Circles

18. Evolution Kid

Looking forward to checking it out. I remember liking the initial podcast when that came out. Wonder what ended up happening that it was discontinued.

19. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

20. Evolution Kid

I wish LTJ would do like Underoath have been doing on twitch and do a deep dive of all the albums, perferably even with Vinnie guesting. But I will definitely take this haha. Was a great listen last night. Now I want to hear the original version of Science :crylaugh:

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

"RESERVE THE DATE: JULY 25, 2020
    You’ll see…."

22. Michael Schmidt

Ready to skank on 7/25

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I still need to hear the new song.

24. Evolution Kid

If you check out the most recent Mable Syndrome Podcast with Chris that came out today, they play the song at the end of the Podcast. I checked it out on Spotify.

Sounds like the episode was recorded back in May, Chris confirmed the record is expected to come out through Pure Noise and was slated for August before the pandemic, but also mentioned there's a back up plan if PN decides to not go forward due to delays with the pandemic. Curious to see how 7/25 ties in to this if at all. Maybe preorders finally go live, and release by the end of the year?

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

PN has been rolling out all their releases still so I feel like August is probably still on the table and that means we'd probably have preorders in the next couple weeks