Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Less Than Jake Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Listened to Borders and Boudaried start to finish for the first time in awhile - one of those ones where most of the songs are on my favorites list but don’t get around to giving a proper listen through enough.

That Gainesville - Malt Liquor - Bad Scene - ITTO sequence might be the best series of songs they’ve ever put together. Just flows perfectly.

2. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

It’s between Borders and Hello Rockview for my fav LTJ album, HR prob just about edges it I think. It’s definitely got some of my favourite LTJ songs on it though. Look What Happened, Hell Looks Like LA, Last Hour and Fraction are up there with their best tracks for me.

The London show I saw them on on that tour was incredible. Think I was 16 at the time and I still remember that day so well.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hello Rockview, Losing Streak, Borders and Anthem are really the only ones I listen to front to back anymore

Kross likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Jamming Sound The Alarm the past couple days. I still love it but wish it were longer!

Welcome To My Life still remains a top LTJ song for me. Fucking love it.

JimmyIymmiJ, HueyLewis and JRGComedy like this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I could have sworn when Sound The Alarm dropped that they said there was an album coming the following year.

I also love that release

Maybe a new record this year

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. tomtom94

Trusted

I'm relistening to these guys in preparation for seeing them in two weeks and Anthem has really, really clicked for me. The run from She's Gonna Break Soon to the end is so good.

Kross and tomdelonge like this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Sound the Alarm was so underrated. That EP is one of my favorite releases by them.

HueyLewis likes this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

One of the few downsides of getting a Hello Rockview show is I'm worried they won't play anything off the EP which is a shame because there's a lot of good on there. Especially Bomb Drop.

333 GANG likes this.
  9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Anthem is a classic from front to back.

tomdelonge likes this.
  10. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

it's my favorite album from them but it's not that consistent imo, "Short Fuse Burning", "She's Gonna Break Soon" and to a lesser extent "The Upwards War" and "A-Bomb" are just not on the level of the rest. Hello Rockview is a more steady experience

11. Mikeydude91

Less Than Jake have always been such solid dudes. I'm kind of nervous to see what the next album looks like with out Vin. It seems like they're all on good terms... except Roger. He no longer follows Vin on instagram. Idk if I just have too much time on my hands

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Roger posted this recently too. There could be something to it.

13. Mikeydude91

I messaged him about it and asked if he and vin were still cool and I got nothing. Usually he responds

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Vin is literally the worst touring drummer I have ever seen, and I'm glad he's gone.

15. tomdelonge

Trusted

Vinnie is the worst drummer period.

(still, i loved him and i'm sad he's gone...but kinda curious to hear LTJ with like, a drummer who can drum)

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I imagine it'll be like rehasher? which is pretty tight?

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Whoa, I had no idea V would no longer be writing with the guys. That’s going to be different. He’s always been one of my favorite lyricists.

18. Daniel182

I saw them at Riot Fest yesterday, and they did sound noticeably tighter. The new drummer did a great job.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  19. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

For some reason I assumed Vinnie would still be writing with them and was just stepping back from touring.

20. tomtom94

Trusted

I think that's what was implied and the message from Roger is new information.

To be honest, I think he may well have wanted to keep writing and then backtracked, or the band just decided it was better to write with the new drummer. The only time I've ever known a band to pull this "I'm leaving but still writing" thing was ADTR and Tom Denney's contributions to that band have been getting less and less over the years as well.

21. Daniel182

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn that sucks I didn't see that tweet

I thought Vinnie would probably play with them at Fest but obviously not now

23. Mikeydude91

Chirs seems cool with it all. I've been getting grumpy old dude vibes from Raj lately.

24. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Going to be different but maybe not - it’s not like Rehasher or the Chris solo stuff is a major departure from Less Than Jake.

Either way I can’t wait for what’s next from them.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  25. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

ZooZooChaCha likes this.