Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Less Than Jake Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I feel old.

Some of my favorite LTJ songs are off Losing Streak and Hello Rockview, but Anthem is still my favorite album start to finish.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Anthem forever the best

CAC3 and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly surprised they're not doing Anthem shows

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  4. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

went to my first show yesterday. halfway through i was already dripping with sweat and worn out. they were insane.

spent half the time shielding myself and a couple girls from crowdsurfing pieces of shit so it could've been better though, but it was still awesome. i'm ok with crowdsurfing in punk shows, just maybe don't flail your legs next to people's heads?

venue was pretty big (800 cap) and looked packed, which i was not expecting at all. set was pretty good though the absence of See The Light and GNV FLA cuts bothered me - i like those more than Borders & Boundaries.

became a fan back when IWTOC came out and from their own declarations back then i thought they'd eventually pretend that record never came out, but having three songs on their set 10 years later says otherwise. (always loved it though)

"The Brightest Bulb Has Burned Out/Screws Fall Out" will always be their best song.

5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Other than the actual album cycles for those albums, I think Lion City is the only song I think they played from those records at a show I attended. Between putting out new material and having multiple records (Losing Streak through IWTOC) to choose from, I think they just have to cut something. Even with cutting the last two records from the set, they are still in a difficult spot of coming up with sets from people who want hits and those that want certain deep cuts or current material. They do still play cuts from the TV EP, which I think is kind of funny. All in all, I like their sets. They usually do a good job at finding some deep cuts from Pezcore and the B-sides record, or another album deep cut. They do a good job at embracing the legacy aspect and still keeping things fresh with new music and fun live shows.

6. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Threw In With the Out Crowd on for the first time in awhile. I know in hindsight the band has ranked it pretty low, and fans hate it, but will always hold a special place for me. That album got me through crippling depression my sophomore year of college. So many moments of "holy shit, this is exactly how I feel today" with that album (especially Hopeless Case).

7. tomtom94

Trusted

Do they still play Rest of My Life with the horns? That was one of my highlights when I saw them.

P.S. I Shock The World is one of my "I know they'll never play it but I'd die if they did" songs.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They played that either a year or two ago when I saw them!

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Released 20 years ago today!

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I know what I’m spinning today!

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m old

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly what a perfect record. I would say top 5 of all time for me

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

14. marceting

Trusted

Wow, did not see that coming. Won't be the same without him there but I understand.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I can’t imagine seeing these guys with a new drummer. Super huge bummer but I totally get it

16. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Damn, such a bummer but also totally warranted & understandable reason. Will be super weird not seeing him in the back next show.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I am thankful for the countless shows I got to see him play and am happy for him.

Very interested in who they bring in for the live show. Given the band has had a very consistent lineup since sometime between Rockview and Anthem that operates like a family, I would think they’d want someone pretty consistent playing their shows. However, the business side of Vinnie I could see maybe not wanting to add a full time member to their situation; therefore, my guess is someone from a smaller touring band that’s taking a break that has either a LTJ connection or P+P connection.

18. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Vinnie is so synonymous with LTJ for me, I don't know how I'd reconcile seeing them without him on stage, even if he's still involved with the band behind the scenes. But totally understand and support his choice.

19. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Totally get it, but dang. They’ll still put on an awesome show but won’t be the same without him.

When I saw them at the Stone Pony (some time between Anthem and IWTOC) Vinny was drumming his ass off hours after a root canal. Dude is dedicated.

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Gutted! Glad I got to see them with him!

21. tomtom94

Trusted

JaytotheGee likes this.
  22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

That's rad, I've met Matt a handful of times at LTJ shows and he's cool. Sidebar: Teen Idols were wonderful.

23. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Not that they have anything planned right now - but does that mean Vinnie will still be writing most of the lyrics in the background still?

Not sure how much input the others have had in recent albums.

24. HueyLewis

Regular

I know all the members have been contributing to the writing. I just hope Vinnie keeps writing and recording with them.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  25. tomtom94

Trusted

The way I interpret "he will be part of the machine going forward" and Vinnie's comment that he is stepping back from "touring" is that he will be the studio drummer.