Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Less Than Jake Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Really enjoying this EP. It's Less Than Jake. We sort of know what to expect at this point. It still sounds fresh though. I would say this batch reminds me most of IWTOC. I think I like Welcome To My Life the most.

3. Kuri44

Man this EP is a nice surprise! I'm really digging most of these songs. I think "Whatever The Weather" might be my favorite on first listen

4. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

That chorus for "Bomb Drop" is so good.

[​IMG]

Daniel182 likes this.
  5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Probably my favorite song on the EP.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

New EP is definitely solid. I'm excited to see them on Saturday

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I need to check this out. Keep on forgetting it's out but I was so underwhelmed by things change.

8. razorburn

Trusted

JRGComedy and Daniel182 like this.
  9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm highly considering purchasing a ticket for tomorrow night's show for $20 on Craigslist.

10. HueyLewis

Regular

The new EP rips. Call to Arms, Whatever the Weather, and Welcome to My Life are my early favorites. Roger's vocals on Welcome To My Life sound so good.

11. HueyLewis

Regular

Things Change is my least favorite on the album. There's a few slower songs that are really good. Like, they are trying to write another "Science of Selling Yourself Shirt."

12. Michael Schmidt Feb 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2017)
    Michael Schmidt

I think if fans were into Anthem or IWTOC, this EP will be up your alley.

Edit: Not trying to suggest the songs are as strong or whatnot, but the sound is similar and the production style reminds me of those records. It's less See the Light and definitely not GNV FLA. Like both of those records though.

HueyLewis likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is a really solid EP. For some reason See The Light never stuck with me, but this already is awesome

14. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Really enjoying the EP. I haven't gotten super into anything they put out since GNV FLA (I like it all, just hasn't dominated my listening much), but I've found myself humming these songs and going back to it pretty frequently in the few days its been out.

Also that video is so cute.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  15. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I would describe myself the same way. I've enjoyed everything in between, but they have such a rich catalog that any time I listened to Greetings and Salutations or See the Light I just wanted to go back and listen to older stuff instead. All the full album tours over the years probably compounded that. This is actually drawing me in and bringing me back to it.

16. Michael Schmidt

It's hard for this or any record to dominate our time because we are listening to After The Party from The Menzingers.

CAC3, FrenzalRob and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  17. JimmyIymmiJ

This is 100% accurate. I do like this a lot though!

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  18. DannyZach

Trusted

Same problem.Menzingers for life....ok be fair..this EP is fine too

Michael Schmidt and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  19. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Can definitely hear some of that. Though they've never really equaled the guitar sound on Anthem ever again.

20. Michael Schmidt

I'm going to guess that Anthem had the largest budget, so it would make sense that it sounds the best. IWTOC probably had a high budget too, but I'd bet Anthem was it. But for LTJ to get a record that sounds even close to those doing it on their own is pretty crazy.

21. JimmyIymmiJ

Rehasher is playing at a tattoo parlor down the street from my house on Friday. I'm pretty excited about it.

Jake Z, HueyLewis and Michael Schmidt like this.
  22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They are still the best live band

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I missed their show last night because I underestimated their draw in 2018 and it sold out :(

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The tour definitely did solid. I think FYS and LTJ bring out a pretty different crowd though so that helped

25. btr

Trusted Supporter