Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Less Than Jake Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. suburban myth Mar 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

This is the old dude, Howard J. Reynolds, and you're listening to...

neo506, KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Such a good band.

suburban myth likes this.
  3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Love LTJ. I feel like their discography has held up pretty well over the years. They are still a blast live as well. Really hope to get a chance to see them again sooner rather than later.

4. suburban myth

Anyone who can should absolutely go to their annual wake & bake festival every year. It's two days of less than jake - different setlists & they play a ton of stuff that they don't normally play live.

5. Anthem is one of my favorite records. Not a bad moment on there.

6. Michael Schmidt

Hello Rockview is probably my favorite, but Losing Streak, Borders, and Anthem are all right there. It's really close. I like the other records too, but that was such an impressive run of records in my mind.

7. suburban myth

Borders will probably always be my favorite, but losing streak is my definite number two!

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm in that weird group (or maybe it's just me) whose favorite is In With the Out Crowd. All their records are great though, very consistent band.

9. suburban myth

I feel like this record has aged VERY well. I didn't like it at first, but love it now.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It always bummed me out that no one seemed to like it at all.

11. Michael Schmidt

In With the Out Crowd has had a slower coming around to by fans, but some of their more popular records had slow reception at first. I remember when Anthem came out and the fans really didn't like it. Now it's a classic haha.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, hard to imagine not liking Anthem if you like pop-punk. I guess I can understand people being thrown off by the more straightforward nature and relative lack of horns.

13. Michael Schmidt

That was exactly the contention I remember with Anthem was that it lacked horns and some of the ska feel.

14. suburban myth

I don't even remember there being hate towards Anthem (believable though)... but that was 13 years ago, and my memory is garbage.

15. Michael Schmidt

It was around the time they were doing different tours like Bon Jovi and so people thought they were selling out with a radio rock sound haha. It was pretty funny looking back.

suburban myth and FTank like this.
  16. suburban myth

17. suburban myth

So, I just checked the LTJ facebook page & the cd version will be available in America on release day - just not up for pre order like the EU store.

18. Michael Schmidt

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Didn't know I needed a live LTJ record, but I think I do.

19. suburban myth

Ha, definitely!

20. Michael Schmidt

This reminded me of the DVD they put together after Anthem was released with the green cover. That thing got a ton of plays from me. I should dig that out and watch it again.

Brenden and suburban myth like this.
  21. suburban myth

I watched the whole six albums, six shows live dvd over the last couple days; it's so much fun to watch and ALMOST makes up for not actually being able to go to those shows when they played them. Watching it also maked me realize how many of my favorite LTJ songs I still haven't seen live after 11 shows...

22. suburban myth

Are you talking about the people's history of less than jake? I need to watch that one again.

23. Michael Schmidt

Yes, I believe that's the one! It had a mix of live footage and goofy band interviews.

24. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Considering how much I used to listen to these guys in high school and into my early 20s, I really don't spend much revisiting their music these days. Sometimes I get sad and miss them...which is weird because I still have all their records and can listen to them any time I want.

25. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I seriously hope I can make it to a wake & bake show one of these years coming up....