Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Less Than Jake – “Spirit of ’20”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Less Than Jake have released the new song “Spirit of ’20” over on Bandcamp.

Ska punk luminaries LESS THAN JAKE reveals its second installment of Lost At Home Sessions. Volume Two “Spirit of '20” goes on sale today at 12pm EST over at Bandcamp. Those who purchase the song at the current price will automatically be entered to win a prize pack that includes an old and rare glow-in-the-dark bobblehead and some out of print vinyl. Contest entries close on June 26th. A portion of the proceeds will benefit For the Nomads, a fundraiser that was started by touring crew member Frank Fanelli as a direct reaction to the devastating effect COVID-19 has had on those who rely on live entertainment for a living.

"It was time to write another song for our Lost At Home Sessions, explains vocalist and guitarist Chris DeMakes. "I literally sat down and wrote this one in about ten minutes. The lyrics were totally stream of consciousness. The human spirit is always there to guide us and get us through. Sure, the lyrics could be construed as a sign of the time, but really, this song could be about anything that keeps you down. Your boss, the government, or an ex. They can put us all on lockdown, but they will never break our spirit." 
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Really enjoying these Lost at Home sessions