Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LEGO

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by recall reality, Mar 6, 2020.

1. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

The thread to talk about all things LEGO!

2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I actually watch Will Arnett's Lego Master's show. Some of these people build insaaaane models.

3. recall reality Mar 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2021)
    recall reality

A LEGO Brickumentary introduced me to the world of MOCs and the fact that there is a very active LEGO community. I'm planning to go to my first BrickFair this year.

4. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Now this is the content I crave

5. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

am not visually creative so I would never use them myself but I absolutely love getting stoned and marvelling at the builds in LEGO Masters

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Sets recently have been so expensive, so the only series I've been actively collecting over the past few years is the DC Superheroes, and I'm really happy with the minifigure series, much easier on the wallet than new sets.

7. recall reality

!!!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I was too before all this virus stuff hit. I'm trying my hand at building out my first MOC now actually!

9. recall reality

Nice! What are you building?

I started a LEGO winter village this year for under my tree and may build some new stuff for that. I have way too many ideas. They introduced 32x32 white base plates recently which will be a huge help.

10. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I wanna do a variation of this and build off it to include the other half of the episode.

11. recall reality Feb 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2021)
    recall reality

Here's a look at the winter village my girlfriend and I made under our Christmas tree. I built a base out of wood and the LEGO base plates sit on that. The whole thing is around 3.5 x 6.5 ft. The Christmas tree stand is hidden inside the mountain that I built and the tree just rises out of the peak. I learned a lot and I've got some exiting ideas for it next year.

IMG_E1791.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

My son had been getting the Lego Mario sets for his birthday and Christmas this year and we've really been enjoying building them together

13. Dodge725

Trusted

My wife got me the Doctor Who Tardis set from a few years ago for Christmas so that’s gonna be super fun to build and display.

14. Colby Searcy

Just bought the Batman Cowl and put that together the past few days.

Super fun build.

I'm debating on another much larger set for my son and I to work on.

15. Colby Searcy

Leaning towards the Mario Question Block

16. recall reality

My nephew has it and it is a super fun build. Just really cool mechanically and lots of great little details. Also a great excuse to dust off Super Mario 64.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. recall reality

Unknown.jpeg

I'm currently a little obsessed with the botanical collection. The piece use is so creative. They've taken over a corner of my work cubicle.

SEANoftheDEAD and Colby Searcy like this.
  18. I got my wife that orchid for her birthday. Very cool

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

PXL_20220816_171827023.jpg

Finally bought it

Joe4th, Penlab and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. Damn

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Hoping to get the remake of the space explorer for my birthday.

22. Colby Searcy

PXL_20220825_004507925.MP.jpg Finished it tonight

Joe4th likes this.
  23. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Ok this is gonna be my thread for the next few months... or years...

Colby Searcy and Alba like this.
  24. marsupial jones Feb 5, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 5, 2023)
    marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Friends: The Apartments (10292)
    2,048 pieces
    7 minifigures

I received the non-Lego set of The Office for Christmas 2022 and as soon as that was complete and I realized how peaceful it was to build a set (I hadn't touched Lego since I was a kid and as a kid actually wasn't a big fan because I just wanted to open toys and play with them right away, I didn't want to do the work myself) I remembered seeing the Friends set at Target. By then, it was gone but luckily found one at Best Buy of all places since this set seems to maybe be close to being retired.

Full Set.jpg

I've built a dozen or so sets in the last month and looking back on this one I found some errors I had to correct, which was no surprise. This thing is so detailed!

The recliners recline in Joey and Chandler's apartment. Love all the little knicknacks and such, even if some of them may just "busy" the set for some (and fans can definitely nitpick things - bedroom doors open the wrong way, don't ever recall a hockey stick on the wall).

Joey and Chandlers 1.jpg

Joey and Chandlers 2.jpg

Did not expect them to include Glady's! What a discovery.

Joey and Chandlers 3.jpg

Monica and Rachel's apartment is equally detailed. What irritates me is that the section for the kitchen window and sink is loose and literally set up on a bit of a rotating piece for... some reason? i tinkered with it for a long time and still could not get the gaps removed and even tried to add or remove pieces in case the directions were wrong but no success, so that's an oddity.

Monica's Apartment 1.jpg

The couch cushions were horrid and I only got them to stick with extra clear pieces. Maybe that was my error still being so new to building.

Monica's Apartment 2.jpg

Balcony with the cat that jumps on Ross is great. The "poker stick" is a goofy but fun addition for one of my biggest jumps in logic with the series lol

Balcony.jpg

They even included a working closet where Monica stores all her shit! Amazing.

Monica's Closet.jpg

Each of the figures has two faces/expressions on the head piece so you can turn them around if reenacting different scenes. Cool that they included Janice.

Absolutely baffling that they gave Phoebe a... paintbrush? Not sure if that's to connect to the Glady's artwork or what but I feel like the immediate connection to Phoebe is her guitar, but there is a Central Park set separate from this one so maybe that includes the guitar so they wanted something different here. Would have appreciated something else, such as a skull or who knows what.

Figures.jpg

The set also includes Phoebe's dollhouse and a Thanksgiving turkey. Only downside of the turkey is it doesn't actually "hold" to any pegs on the table or elsewhere nor does it go on a characters head like the episode so it's just kind of there.

Neat that the hallway is included and doesn't physically connect to the apartments so you can remove it easily out of the way. Found it inventing but not super great that the "cheesecake" pieces give no indication of what it is but I get that Lego probably doesn't have a cheesecake piece in its library lol

Hallway 1.jpg

Interesting that this set and the Seinfeld set include cameras to fully make it look like a tv set. I put them up for completions sake but not a huge fan of them and glad The Office set did not include them.

---------------------

Super fun build, was great to put together with a very detailed instruction book. also fun to throw on Friends to coordinate as background noise while building.

25. recall reality

I love all the attention to detail and easter eggs in these sets.