Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LEGO Batman Movie a Giant 90-Minute Easter Egg

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Dave Trumbore, writing for Collider, on the upcoming LEGO Batman Movie, which sounds fucking awesome:

Chris McKay, the director of the movie, is a real Batman aficionado and knows really arcane stuff that was only in one issue of the comic book in 1972, and that sort of thing. So, it is chock full of stuff for Batman aficionados. It is just a 90-minute Easter egg.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Perfect. Cannot wait for this. Got Lego Batman 3 for cheap in the Steam sale, and while it is formulaic and ridiculously easy, it's loaded with secrets/easter eggs and brimming with lesser known characters from DC as a whole. Having a lot of fun with it.

3. gabe

gabebravo.com

So stoked for this movie. Batman was the best part in the lego movie.
    [​IMG]

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Batman stole every scene he was in during The Lego Movie, I can't wait for this gold.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Wyldstyle singing along makes this scene so good. I can't wait for this.

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Ahh still need to watch The Lego Movie. This sounds awesome.

7. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Fuck yeah dude, I love when passionate people are behind films like this. Stoked!

Jason Tate and Dan O'Neill like this.
  8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The Lego Batman is already threatening to be my favorite cinematic Batman. This could push him above and beyond.

coleslawed likes this.