Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Legion (FX) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 31, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I envy people that get to binge this. Every episode ends with a huge WTF and I have to wait a week to know whats going on.

Though I do get to rewatch earlier episodes in the downtime, which helps a lot but...fuck waiting.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Goddamn the most recent was incredible.

Aubrey is fucking terrifying on this show. I said it in here last week I think but I had no idea she had this kind of performance in her

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  3. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

Im waiting to watch this all at once. Saw the first episode, but got busy after that. Pretty excited people are so stoked on it.

4. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I loved this last episode so much. Easliy my favorite so far. Aubrey is an amazing presence as the villian. The chalkboard scene was super fun for me. Also is there any reason why that other part of David's mind would have a British accent during that scene?

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Is that Dan Stevens' normal speaking voice?

Anthony_D'Elia and I Am Mick like this.
  6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Yeah it is, it didn't bother me or anything but I just found it odd that they had the different accents when conversing. I thought it could have been a hint at his dad being Prof. X or something.

nl5011 likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think it's just for the joke that, of course, the rational part of his brain speaks in a more sophisticated British accent. Also, it helps differentiate between the two when speaking together.

I do love when he briefly talks as his father, it sounds exactly like Patrick Stewart

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Dennis Reynolds' conscience has a British accent too

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah and they explicitly made that joke at the beginning of the sequence. Funny stuff.

Now they just need to find some way to poke fun at the fact that Stevens' American accent sounds exactly like Gregory House and also a lot like Stephen Strange.

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I had a decent handle on what was going on in this show up until episode 6. Now i'm thoroughly confused. Gonna need to smarter people on the internet explain it for me, haha.

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

What are you confused about? Perhaps we can give you a hand!

12. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Show definitely is easier with some prerequisite imagination, especially involving the sequences in the astral realm.

If your not used to the idea of astral planes and out of body consciousness, I can see where the show might trip you up.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. Matt

I think I've been following everything pretty well. It helps that I have seen each episode twice though

I Am Mick likes this.
  14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I can't really distinguish between what's happening in David's head vs. what's happening in reality.

15. Just an FYI for tomo.

16. Matt

Legion has such prime music selection that I always end up watching the credits all the way through anyway

I Am Mick likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Who's ready for one last night of all caps posts?

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I won't be able to watch until tomorrow afternoon, but YES.

Also I just found out my parents watch and love this show, which was kind of surprising. But they are huge fans of Fargo and probably still don't know this an X-Men show

19. Matt

That post credits scene

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That was a disappointingly conventional finale. However, I'm very excited that not only will Jemaine and Aubrey remain on the show, but they'll now appear as a team!

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I actually liked that it was almost possible to follow the plot for once, and nice use of Pink Floyd and T Rex, I somehow had missed that Syd's last name is Barrett

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

It was conventional but not that conventional. Fully expected Syd to be the antagonist next season along w Aubrey Plaza. What are we calling her character these days?

23. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I'm still calling her Lenny, maybe Shadow King depending on the situation.

I also think I like this show more when it's not messing with form or anything, so I really liked the finale

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah i keep calling her Lenny as well, I don't really know how right that is though

i think i enjoyed this episode because they'd been playing with form so much, so the whole time i was expecting the rug to be pulled out from under me and was just really relieved when it was not

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Of all the words I've used or heard used to describe this series, "conventional" hasn't been one of them. Arguably the least conventional thing on TV right now.